Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my first musical Skeleton today. There are quite a number of these skeletons out there now playing all kinds of songs with all kinds of instruments. I don't think I've seen a thread on this subject yet and hope that people who have one of these can post here about their guy and hopefully add a video of him. It would be great to create a resource archive of them for those looking for a specific one -- as not all versions can be found on Youtube for example and sellers don't always provide song/dialog details or a video. I already found it's important to know what store they were carried in as some look similar to others but play different songs and if you want to find just the right one to entertain you, it really helps, especially if he gets triggered a lot!

The one I ordered from WALMART (2016) is playing a Harmonica and comes with a baseball cap. He is different than the one from Walgreens this year (dressed similarly and plays "She'll be 'Comin Around the Mountain"). He's meant to eventually go along with my western/mine props. He was 50% off (about $25). I have no idea what piece he's playing and was wondering if someone knows. I don't have him yet but found this video on Youtube of him. The music starts playing at 0:27. Thanks!

With sales and clearance going on right now, it's a good time to think about picking one of these guys up for next year. Some of them are really pricy.

WALMART 2016 HARMONICA/BASEBALL CAP SKELETON:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey GoS! There are certainly a bunch of these around now. I like the movement on your harmonica player. I got a rocker one from CVS 2 years ago on clearance for like $4-5. Plays "Another One Bites The Dust" with his guitar. Loudly. It was an impulse purchase but it was a surprising hit with the kids at a family gathering. The guitar was mounted poorly but I was able to fix it. It is in a standing position, and wears a rocker tshirt, pants, and has a purple Mohawk iirc (didn't use it this year). I'd like to have a whole little band, even if it is kinda whimsical. I like mini skeletons though-- I want to set up a scene sometime with the 3footer types, in scale. (Maybe like the skeletons in "Jason and the Argonauts".) I have a mess of the similarly-sized Mr Jabber Jaws from years ago, so maybe I'll set up a band.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Picked up an old beat up acoustic guitar at a garage sale today. I've been wanting to build a full size skelly playing guitar and singing. I have a few ideas as to how I'm gonna do this, I'll start a thread when I've made some progress.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,506 Posts
Song sounds like it might be Jump Down, Spin Around/Pick A Bale of Cotton (versions by Lead Belly and Harry Belafonte). Which is a rather obscure choice of song.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,113 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts