Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a gothic yard haunt. It is called The Haunting At Bell Hall. It is an "old southern plantation home" falling into ruin that is haunted by an assortment of lost and vengeful spirits. It is pretty traditional with a graveyard, assorted ghosts, skeletons, etc. I have a mausoleum with a FCG. I have projection ghosts for the windows in the house. You can see pics in my signature.

I use a variety of sound effects for different parts of the haunt. I am looking for some dark gothic brooding orchestral music to tie it all together. I intend to play this as a loop to be the soundtrack to the haunt. I really like the orchestral score to Disneys Phantom Manor. That won't work for my haunt but might give you an idea of the type of music I am looking for.

Thank you for any suggestions.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Go to youtube and search "Nox Arcana" and "Midnight Syndicate", they both have lots of CDs to choose from.

I always thought this track by Zombie Girl has a certain Gothic feel to it, and it may fit well with your haunt theme:

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Do you have any recos on which Midnight Syndicate albums to listen. I ask because it looked like they had a lot of albums.
They do... Out of the Darkness is basically a 'greatest hits' album, so you may want to give that a listen and go from there. Or, go to YouTube and do a search; you should be able to listen to nearly all of their songs;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
For our haunt which we called Rose's Haunted Graveyard, I used two of Midnight Syndicate's albums, Gates of Dilerium and The 13th Hour. Thirteen Hour is my favorite. It was use in The Factory of Fears maze aboard the Queen Mary for the Shipwreck event the year I worked as a monster in the Hall of Faces and Gallery rooms of that maze. Those two albums are dark and moody, and particularly with Thirteenth Hour, reminiscent in part of The Haunted Mansion.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, if I were you I would use Midnight Syndicate. My opinion is that they are the best Halloween/Gothic music ever. Here are a few of my favorites from them You're going to enjoy them. The main composer Edward Douglass is a nice person in real life. I've emailed him a few times. Here are the best tracks:

These all have got to be the best. Good luck!

The Spookinite Webmaster

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really like all the suggestions. Repoman, the track from Constantine you suggested is great. I think it really fits the mood. I also came across this track (Libera Me) from Interview with a Vampire. It has a haunting quality to it. Thanks again for all the great recommendations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1q03OUMTZk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts