1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I debated on where it should go but ultimately it was mistaken for a Halloween prop unfortunately which I guess is a backhanded complement to yard haunters that can make them realistic or least fool the eye. I also thought of the Ohio family. And yeah I'll leave it up to the mods what to do with it. a lot of things that are posted it's debatable where to put it especially if a prop build has different specific elements for example. Didn't mean to personally offend. But it's tough not to do that these days. But I respect the fact some may be offended and understand there's a gray area.

·
Registered
368 Posts
A friend of mine sent me that article yesterday thinking it was a funny story about a prop. We were both reading it when he wrote to apologize because he actually realized what it was about. We had a good laugh over THAT even though the story is terribly sad.

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
Does this really belong here, on this forum?
I see your point. However since there had been posts where the opposite has happened over the years (where people thought Halloween decorations were real) then it is Halloween related. Very sad.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Honestly I debated on where it should go but ultimately it was mistaken for a Halloween prop unfortunately which I guess is a backhanded complement to yard haunters that can make them realistic or least fool the eye. I also thought of the Ohio family. And yeah I'll leave it up to the mods what to do with it. a lot of things that are posted it's debatable where to put it especially if a prop build has different specific elements for example. Didn't mean to personally offend. But it's tough not to do that these days. But I respect the fact some may be offended and understand there's a gray area.
I'd like to put it as a compliment to home haunters too, but I don't think that's it. I think it's the taboo of death and the unreality of the situation. I see halloween decorations frequently, I don't see actual dead bodies frequently, and if I saw something that looked like a dead body, I'd really be hoping that it was a decoration. No one wants to be confronted with that, we'd rather believe that it was fake.

Healing to her family, even with her troubles, no one wanted this outcome.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Well, at least the killer didn't hang her up there after killing her - the police seem to think her sleeve was caught on the fence when she was running from someone, and the guy just took advantage of it and beat her to death as she hung there.

For those who've not read the article, this woman was a repeat criminal offender, with a drug history, who's 15 month old son (who was born with fetal alcohol syndrome) was being cared for by the woman's cousin.
While she was, admittedly, far less than a saint, I'll concede no one deserves to become a human pinata, regardless of circumstances (with maybe one or two exceptions in all of human history).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts