Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually have a big party but have moved to a much smaller home and have decided to do 3 or 4 smaller parties so everyone can still attend. I was thinking of doing different things at each party so people could choose which one they would enjoy attending more. Some people really enjoy the games while others just like to sit around and talk. I was thinking about buying a murder mystery kit for one of the parties and have looked into them. They aren't too expensive but was wanting to get input from any of you who have tried them in the past. Are there any that are better than others? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi! I’ve run a few nights using materials from several companies. Had success with a series called ‘An Evening of Murder’ as well as the website playingwithmurder.com. I would suggest having a host that’s not part of the game that knows the whole story, solution and all. That way you can tailor the game a bit regarding who you make the murderer. Your players will have different levels of comfort and interest in the role playing aspects of the game so allocating key roles to the ‘best’ people can really help the night work out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of being the hostess and not actually participating in the mystery. I think I need a full kit since I've never done anything like this so I will look into these two. Thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't know if you've done your mystery yet. I usually use howtohostamurder. Everything is online all you need is a printer and some imagination. They're about $20 ea but they run a buy 2 get 1 free special. My folks and I share so we both use the games. I'm actually having a Vampire Murder for my bday in a few weeks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Homer Rocks. I had my Murder Mystery party last October. It went great. Everyone had lots of fun. People got into character a lot more than I had expected. LOTS of FUN!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Homer Rocks. I had my Murder Mystery party last October. It went great. Everyone had lots of fun. People got into character a lot more than I had expected. LOTS of FUN!
Glad you had fun! We were supposed to do my vampire mystery last March then September but it kept getting canceled because of covid. We finally had it this March 👻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts