Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever done a Murder Mystery Game for you party? We were thinking about doing one for our Haunted Mansion party this year. Just not sure how to start. Just wondering if any of you have done this...if so would love to hear what you did or any information you can give.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have done a murder mystery for my Witches Luncheon that I try to hold annually and it was so much fun! Everyone really got into their characters and it was a blast! I have done another murder mystery but not a halloween one. I did the murder mystery in a Haunted Hotel setting ... the Nightshade Hotel ... doing it from a Mansion shouldn't be that much different. The invite should be done so that it incorporates both the Haunted Mansion theme and the Murder Mystery theme where they receive their information. I like the fact that with the murder mystery you have distinct time frames and you incorporate a dinner or food. This should be as fun as heck! I went to the forum and got tons of ideas for my invite and for my hotel. I was astounded by what the "witches" did to be in character ... it was awesome.

I do have an album ... if you would like to take a look ... margaret ... Witches Luncheon ... Nightshade Hotel. I got my murder mystery ... Too Many Witches Spoil the Brew off the internet ... it was a download ... worked out great! Everyone really enjoyed it and it helps take off the stress of what to do during the party.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have done a murder mystery for my Witches Luncheon that I try to hold annually and it was so much fun! Everyone really got into their characters and it was a blast! I have done another murder mystery but not a halloween one. I did the murder mystery in a Haunted Hotel setting ... the Nightshade Hotel ... doing it from a Mansion shouldn't be that much different. The invite should be done so that it incorporates both the Haunted Mansion theme and the Murder Mystery theme where they receive their information. I like the fact that with the murder mystery you have distinct time frames and you incorporate a dinner or food. This should be as fun as heck! I went to the forum and got tons of ideas for my invite and for my hotel. I was astounded by what the "witches" did to be in character ... it was awesome.

I do have an album ... if you would like to take a look ... margaret ... Witches Luncheon ... Nightshade Hotel. I got my murder mystery ... Too Many Witches Spoil the Brew off the internet ... it was a download ... worked out great! Everyone really enjoyed it and it helps take off the stress of what to do during the party.
I am interested in doing this as well. Did you write your mystery or did you buy one of those pre-made games? If you wrote it, would you find sharing the details?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I downloaded the murder mystery ... I still have it if you are interested and if I can get my son to help me, I can send it to you. You can modify it anyway you like to suit your theme.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to take a look at it too. I want to not really make any of the guest people in the game. I want the characters to be the 5 people that help put the party together. I don't know if that would work out right. I thought about putting clues around the party and with the character/props we will be using. What's peoples thoughts on this idea?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I downloaded the murder mystery ... I still have it if you are interested and if I can get my son to help me, I can send it to you. You can modify it anyway you like to suit your theme.
Yes, I would love that! I will private message you with my email address.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sure.

I put the party together ... just assign each person their character ... don 't read any of the clues and you should be fine. There is one task as the party holder that you will need to do but other than that ... you can all enjoy the mystery. We had 8 people at our murder mystery, only 5 are required.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My husband and I went to a murder mystery at a bed and breakfast for our anniversary. They sent us our character info about a week before so we would have a chance to get in the mood. It was set during WWII, so I went to a thrift store and bought an outfit worn in the era, including hat, purse and shoes. The shoes were the hardest to find. My husband was not into it at all, I had to drag him along. It was a fun night and I was the only one who figured out who the killer was, but not why. Different clues were reveled all night. As much as my husband hated going, he hated it even more when it was revealed that he was gay. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. lol I hope you have fun at yours. Keep us up to date as to how it's going.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts