Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,827 Posts
LOVE your whole setup! The Jaded Jewel (adore that name) and the inside decorations - oh man really lovely... looks like a great display!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great decor. I'd love to know how to orchestrated your murder mystery with the pirate theme.
Thank you so much! The murder mystery is SUPER fun! As soon as I receive a guest RSVP, they are assigned a character to play at the party. This year, for example, we had pirates (of course), mermaids, the Governor's family, some tavern wenches, etc. Each character has a back story, and most characters have a shady element to their character (seeking revenge, or something like that - this year there was a mutiny planned). When the guests arrive at the party, they have objectives they have to complete (Guest A has find Guest D and tell them "I know you were the one planning the mutiny", for example). About mid-way through the party, someone is killed, and then we spend the rest of the party trying to guess who the murderer is! It's super fun, it forces everyone at the party to talk to each other, and it's way more entertaining than a party where everyone just sits around and drinks. It's a huge hit every year :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts