Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Black Unicorn
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are my 2 mummies I finished last week. Forgot to take pics of making ...so excited and all.... but I used the acrylic torsos that swimsuits came on from Sams Club, a 6 inch round , 2 ft cardboard tube cut in half for the legs , 1/2 pool noodle for arms and the cheap plastic hands from $ tree,
1\2 styrofoam head, a skelton mask that I got at goodwill at some point thru the years, cushion foam in the torso and wrapped in burlap strips. Painted the mask to get the effect I wanted and there you have it. They are free standing and the backs are flat. Only took about an hour each to make. Of course they are not weather proof. I made them to go on each side of my entrance into the barn. Oh, and I am having a Luau this weekend that's why you see palm trees in the background...... View attachment 5031

View attachment 5032

·
The Black Unicorn
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The burlap is just wrapped and not plastered down with something? They look awesome!!!!!
Thanks, I used hot glue here and there to hold downd the strips of burlap. Remember it not for outside use although if you coated it in poly it may last outside. I have a huge party barn/horse barn and use alot of inside props for decorating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts