Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my chiller built out of a nice big trashcan with dryer hose coiled inside. I've got 3 foggers that I'd like to set up on timers so that their intervals sync - so that when #1 finishes, #2 will be just about ready to fire off... then #3, then back to #1 etc.

I tried feeding them into a PVC cross junction last year (like this) but I lost about half of my fog becasue #2 would shoot straight across and out of #3's hole (if that makes sense).

So I'm wondering how others may have tackled this problem of feeding multiple foggers into one chiller.

Thanks for your ideas...

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's not something I've ever done, but two possibilities that come to mind are to angle the arms rather than having them straight across (think like a peace sign, with the lone branch leading to the chiller) or to put a fan in between the junction and the chiller to draw the fog into it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah, the tee connection isn't going to work well. Even with a small fan, you'll likely push more fog across than into the chiller. Look for a PVC wye (Y) connection. You might not findI what you want in white, but you might find something suitable in the black PVC that is for DWV (drain, waste, vent) They tend to be longer an have bigger, more rounded arcs.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DexterSinister! That looks perfect.

I tried adding some sculpey into the T junction to direct the flow a little... we'll see if it actually works. If not I'll look for one of these joints at my local Home Depot.

·
black light queen
2,630 Posts
would a diy "check valve" work? i'm thinking that a thin sheet of plastic over all of the inputs so that hopefully the force of the fog would open that input flap and close the others? obviously, i have no idea if this would work except in "theory" ...

if you patent this remember where you heard this from first! 1/3 of your royalties is all that i want ... pretty reasonable, i think :)

amk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Use three of these but you will need a fan on the first Y to push the air the correct direction and prevent the fog from coming back. Be aware that each time fog hit a junction that some will be lost so the output would not be equal to all three.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_23187-34146-RT100_1z10xvn__?productId=1064815&pl=1
http://www.lowes.com/pd_51725-1815-HPT507RMC_1z10xvn__?productId=3370352&pl=1

You must need a lot of fog to use three machines in one area. You might want to mess around with the timer setting to use a minimum burst of fog with a minimum delay and this should avoid the reheat time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts