Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!! I am trying to figure out the best way to add multiple, different, audio streams in my Haunt. Its apprx 2500 sqft (about a 5 minute walk through) and im looking for 3-4 different audio streams for various scenes.
I would like to us my desktop PC as the main source. I was thinking about buying a cheap audio package for SpookTech but i dont know how to translate that to the real world.

Any tips on first time intro to audio for the home haunter?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Inside our house, each room is a scene, and each scene has its own audio. For most of the rooms, I use Sonos to control the audio (tracks and volume) in each.

In the living room, I use a Sonos:Connect to feed into the existing 5.1 audio system there (although the subwoofer gets used for the outside thunder), and Sonos speakers in the other rooms. All in all, this works pretty well, though I need to be careful where I put the speakers, as the smaller ones aren't loud enough and I need to place them strategically.

For the bathroom, I run an old iPhone for audio and play it through a small powered speaker (similar to computer speakers). The small speaker is plenty loud for this small room, but the old iPhone needs to be plugged into power, as the battery doesn't last long anymore (it's an iPhone 3g).

For the outside graveyard and the courtyard, I have an old 5.1 receiver in the garage and run wires to speakers hidden in the cemetery columns. One channel gets sent to a speaker in the courtyard. I sometimes run separate audio in the courtyard, using an MP3 player (iPhone) and computer speakers, but I find that having the same audio as what's in the graveyard ties all of the outside together.

If I didn't have Sonos, I'd probably use Chromecast to send the audio to the different areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts