Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the concept I am working on, I trip the prop with a remote control (so I don't scare the crap out of toddlers and ruin halloween for them), Prop-1 takes over and starts a crank on the side of the box simultaneous with music that dies just before the "pop-goes-the-weasel" - my clients are confused and think things are dead when an air cannon goes off behind them - they turn, 2 seconds later I use my 28" cylinder to launch evil jack to about 4', two seconds and then the second 28" cylinder goes bringing jack to full 7' height with arms outstretched.

I have welded together esentially a "Z" shaped piece of metal to link the cylinders and have built the arm mechanism - so no problem with the leaping and I have a good idea for the box opening mechanism.

What I need is advice on where I can get a music clip (there are old references within the forum, but links are dead) - and secondly, how do i set it up (as simply as possible) to be triggered by Prop-1 (which I am totally new at - having just downloaded the editor today) - running most of the system of 24vdc. If it is easy to do, I will add a second screaming clip to synch with the second leap...

Currently I am still playing with Prop-1 trying to figure out where to connect wires from my remote and hooking in the 24vdc without frying the thing...

If I have enough time I will also add fog and lights...

Thanks in advance for advice,

Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since last post I have ordered a wind up "pop goes the weasel" which I can record into the 20 second recorder/player from electronics123.com (thanks to whomever posted that link).

Am having problems getting my computer to recognize the prop-1 controller (seperate post) - but the Parallax folks are trying to help.

Anyway, here r a couple of photos of progress to date...

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts