Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I want to serve either mulled wine or mulled cider during my party. Anyone have some good recipes for either?

I'm leaning toward mulled wine because it looks like blood... but I'm open to whatever seems to work better in a party setting/is tastier/is easier to make!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Mulled wine is really good on a cool crisp night. A nice cabernet with orange slices, some sugar or honey and cinnamon sticks is always good. Warmed in a slow cooker is the best way to go. Although, the hubby and I don't have a slow cooker so we've made it on the stove on very low heat, and that's worked just as well. I'm not a huge fan of cider so of course I'd go with the wine. But I'm sure either would work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mulled wine is really good on a cool crisp night. A nice cabernet with orange slices, some sugar or honey and cinnamon sticks is always good. Warmed in a slow cooker is the best way to go...
I've never had mulled wine - but it sounds really good!

I do like mulled cider a lot. I found a recipe for a mulled cider/punch that sounds pretty good. It's:

4 cups water
2 tsp. ground allspice
1 cinnamon stick
dash ground cloves
1 gallon apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
1 can (12 oz.) frozen lemonade from concentrate, thawed
3/4 c. orange juice
1/3 c. honey
1 individual tea bag

1. In a large kettle, combine the water, allspice, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients. Return just to a boil. Discard the cinnamon stick and tea bag. Stir and serve warm.

This is what I am making for my party. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds deeeeelicious! I might go for that, then... Thought I'm still searching around for a good mulled wine recipe... maybe i'll do both!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am wanting a mulled wine recipe to put in the crock pot, I may try this one I found on internet. Would love to hear if someone has one they know is good.

Found this one:

Hot Mulled Wine
3 (750 ml) bottles of your favorite red wine
juice of one orange
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
brown sugar, to taste

In a large saucepan over very low heat, combine all of the ingredients and heat until sufficiently warm being careful not to bring to a boil. Heat for 1/2 hour to an hour, tasting occasionally until just right. Remove from heat and serve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts