Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Jan. 3rd we finally held our Halloween Xmas Party & what a good time we had! This party was for Forum members that are going to form the North Carolina Haunters Prop building group! It was suppose to be held Dec. 13th but I got behind with things because of these on going health issues so I asked the group if it would be ok to postpone the party till after New Years & they said yes!

It was such fun meeting Forum members in person & it was suggested that each member bring along a prop or 2 to show to the gang! We had a number of things to look at & I had left my scary scene from the contest all in tack in my garage!

Group members brought along their families so we had quite a lively time!

WE started with munch food......cheese & jalepena's, guacomole, salsa's, taquita's, chili poppers and my homemade pico de gallo. I also set out chips & dip, & several other types of munchies.

We waited till everyone arrived and visited a bit before we started the dinner. The dinner consisted of a baked ham with tator salad & baked beans or a mexican platter which we made up in the kitchen. It was a beef burrito smothered with your choice of homemade red chili or green pork chili & topped off with gobs of cheese we then melted in the microwave. Next added to the plate was a helping of mexican rice, a scoop of refried beans, a taco, & a portion of sliced lettuce & chopped tomatoes.

Desserts consisted of my homemade cream pies....chocolate, peanut butter, banana & coconut cream. Plus cherry, german chocolate & lemon cheesecake.

After the meal we started our meeting to decide when we will start to meet, how often we are going to try to meet, and what we want to build. So we are starting in March & will be starting with tombstones.

Attendees were: Daveinthegrave & family, Mr. & Mrs. Spookineer, Legend of the Wood, JCG106 & family, my neighbors who have the little guy that works with us for Halloween & Joe , Jer & me!

What a great time we all had & look forward to getting together in the future.

Some of the members that had planned on being at the party on the 13th were not able to make it on the 3rd but we look forward to meeting them at future get togethers.

After the meeting we had members show the props they brought ....Legend of the Wood is a pretty new member on our Halloween Forum here but what a great guy he is and a talent for building. He brought along a lifesize coffin!!! He also makes these really neat corpse skulls that look so real I could not believe it!
He also brought what I guess you would call a scone, its a black plaque that holds a candle in it & he had mounted a battery operated candlelight in it...very cool. He also brought some tombstones, one having his Haunt Logo on it. He & his girlfriend are getting ready to launch a site which will have info on it about where haunts can be found so we look forward to that starting up.

DaveintheGrave brought this crazy crawling skeleton that I hope he will offer to teach us to make. The body was made out of paper mache & he had some contraption on it that made this thing crawl across the floor. I envisioned it in my haunted hallway with a strobe on it, the kids would freak out!lol He also brought along these eyes that light up & you use them in the bushes. He had mentioned that he use to make them & sell them on EBAY so for anyone interested you might want to take a look at these.

The families were sent thru the Scary Scene in my garage after they toured the xmas decorations in the house, then they got shipped down to the basement for our party. My house had so many decorations upstairs there was no room to sit & eat so we partied in my candy kitchen.

Before everyone left we lined the kids up with candy bags at the candy case & each of the kids got a bag of my chocolates to take home. I forgot to send the candy I had for each family home with them so I have to get that to them this next week.

I also got some unsuspecting gifts!lol Really this was a shock.....the JCG106 family put one of thier goul twins up for adoption & thought I would make a good parent.......I'm not sure how to tell you guys what this THING is but for sure I'll get a pic of it this week for ya to see. We named him Halloween Homer!

Daveinthegrave left me a skeleton head that can be used for our project with him this next month & a delicious box of Cookies!

Spookineer brought a shopping bag of delicious wines & he sent me a pc. of styrofoam & today sent over a lifesize skeleton. I was so surprised with all these nice things from these folks!

I can only say as a hostess what a wonderful group of people they all were, very nice families. I so look forward to them all meeting here in March. Our neighbor has offered to let us use his big workshop in march just incase Mother Nature acts up cause my garage is jam packed & with all these new plans of online & in person building groups I have an idea its gonna get worse!!

the Muffster

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Sounds like you had a fantastic time!
Just the spread itself makes me extremely jealous! haha
Now I want an euro haunt get together.....oh witchie, SS and datura!! lol

Can't wait for pics!

MsM

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
What a great idea! Sounds like it went very well. Hopefully you'll all be able to meet several times a year and work together building props for nest Halloween. Please be sure to post your meeting minutes to this forum so we can all benefit.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Pandora we feel so lucky to have him!!lol With the halloween prop he bought 2 weeks ago ...trust me he is quite an inspiration!!

Muf

Muffy - oh salt in the wound! Plus you'll get to see his haunt!!! I'm so jealous. He lived too far away for me to see his setup and the pics were just more torture. This is cruel and unusual punishment!! I'm glad to see he's with all of you though, at least someone gets to enjoy his talents!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am really glad everything went well for you guys. I sure wish we good have been there. Christmas had taken it's toll around here. But I do hope we can see you in March. The 20 is our anniversary, so hoping it is before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts