Halloween Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice cannons, too bad it doesn't look like there's a hole in the barrel. Also looks to me from the website that the $250 is for the cannon only and doesn't include the carriage. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the price for the barrel, but who wants to pay more for a wood carriage you can make from scrap wood? Plus you don't have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow... if you can't afford $250, you might not want to be doing a pirate theme to start with. Also, you might want to consider putting away a little money each month if you're going to get serious about Halloween to begin with. I don't try to buy all my decoration needs in September/October with the money I have on hand. I know I'm going to need $500-$1,000 and put away $50-$100 each month for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hear ya MM. That's one of the reasons I've never gotten into the pirates thing. It's pretty expensive to do it right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hear ya Nightfisher , although I do spend a bit on stuff , to say you have to spend big bucks on props you could build from cheap foam "to be serious about Halloween " wow...I'm glad we were set straight.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
$250 for a blowmold cannon barrel? Ridiculous!

And yes, that's what it really is, a blowmold cannon! They claim it weighs 8 lbs and you can full it with water, sand or concrete for added weight. Sounds like a blowmold to me!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got the idea from another forum member, so of course I don't mind! The end of the cannon is a plastic bowl with a styrofoam ball glued on. The cannon balls are big Christmas balls. The wheel hubs are styrofoam, also, with a dowel rod holding them together. Wheels pull apart for easy storage. I also made a small one ( about 2 feet long) that sits on a non rolling base like a small stair, also made of foamboard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts