Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Fabulous job on the tank. Very realistic with all the detail touches to it. And really great use of the projection. I saw the projection dvd during the year but your tank really brought a lot of realism to it like the ladder and rivets. Love the whole circus. Really feels like going down a midway with all your various booths/displays. Always a fan of adding animation where you can. Had me smiling right away with the initial monkey.

BTW what did you use for your projection screen?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you, but I do have to say a great benefit to using a video from Hi-rez Designs is that it comes encoded to trigger the prop controller and makes things a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
When I first saw the Hi-rez video at the aquarium, I thought it was cool but very limited. You came up with the perfect display for a home haunter.

I remember when I was 10 or 12. The local carnival had a big shark in a refrigerated trailer that you could pay a dollar to see. Your shark-in-a-carnival idea is absolutely perfect.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I first saw the Hi-rez video at the aquarium, I thought it was cool but very limited. You came up with the perfect display for a home haunter.

I remember when I was 10 or 12. The local carnival had a big shark in a refrigerated trailer that you could pay a dollar to see. Your shark-in-a-carnival idea is absolutely perfect.
Thank you! The look I was going for was inspired by a few things. I have always loved the look of carnival / circus shows from the late 1800's-early 1900's, so I tried to create an avenue that tot's could walk through and feel that they were really there. I love the look of dirt floors and straw and side show / freak shows, so I covered the ground with straw, used photo op boards on the park strip and created a light ceiling with string lights. When I was little, my grandpa would walk me through the midway at Circus Circus Las Vegas and I was in awe at all the lights and games. When I made my Circus sign, I knew I needed open channel letters in the likeness of Circus Circus letters. Lastly, I watched "Something Wicked This Way Comes" and incorporated some of that feel in creating my scary circus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts