Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I received my Mr. Dark animatronic and although I am impressed with him, the IR sensor is pathetic. It just doesn’t pick up movement. It basically chooses when it wants to go off. I will be behind him messing with his costume and he will go off and the next minute I will be walking in front and he won’t go off. I have even waved my hand in front of him and it won’t go off and then wave again it will go off. The sensor is different than Mr Howlee which is a little black dome like sensor. Mr. Dark has a small tube in his nose. I assume this is the sensor. Is anyone else having this issue? I really don’t want to go with the silly store foot pad but I don’t want someone to walk up to him and then get in his face trying to get him to activate and knocks some kid out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what you are describing, it's not a motion sensor, it's a photo cell that senses a change in light intensity. Those sensors typically don't work very well, especially outside.
Noted but none of my other animatronics do that. They react instantly with movement. I noticed the jumping spider has the same tube but larger and he reacts great. Mr. Dark has a very small tube.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Noted but none of my other animatronics do that. They react instantly with movement. I noticed the jumping spider has the same tube but larger and he reacts great. Mr. Dark has a very small tube.
Consider yourself lucky that you have some that actually work. Again, unless it's an actual PIR sensor, they don't sense movement, it's a change in the light that reaches the photo cell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I received my Mr. Dark animatronic and although I am impressed with him, the IR sensor is pathetic. It just doesn’t pick up movement. It basically chooses when it wants to go off. I will be behind him messing with his costume and he will go off and the next minute I will be walking in front and he won’t go off. I have even waved my hand in front of him and it won’t go off and then wave again it will go off. The sensor is different than Mr Howlee which is a little black dome like sensor. Mr. Dark has a small tube in his nose. I assume this is the sensor. Is anyone else having this issue? I really don’t want to go with the silly store foot pad but I don’t want someone to walk up to him and then get in his face trying to get him to activate and knocks some kid out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey. Did you ever get a solution to this issue? I just bought one and he seem very difficult to trigger. He was going to be my centerpiece, but seems like a massive disappointment

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I bought one but the box was dented so I didn't open it & was going to exchange it if one of the stores got more. Wondering if I should not worry about the box now but I'm anal about dings & dents. I'll post later on if I decide to open him up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
9-28-22- Same issue- prop won't trigger with movement- only when it is moved or you are playing around with the control box. Also step pads won't work- anyone have a solution?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts