Halloween Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the kind words and input, all. I hope to see folks trying out these techniques!

SpiderMonkey, yep. I do a half sheet of paper towel for each finger, and wrap it around the wire like a candy cane. I leave a few inches of wire from two of the fingers past the wrist, and wedge that into the pipe. I just hot glued it, but something like plumber's epoxy would be probably better.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh..that's a cool idea Lurker.... I can picture him in a tattered Casper the Ghost or Winnie the Pooh costume. Baaahaaaaaaa. Skellies just want to be ghosts!

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks!

Here he is! I decided what he really needed was a tattered cape as his costume. Sort of splits the difference between the two looks posted before.

"Benny" will be on display (and available) at the October Shadows group art show at Creature Features in Burbank, CA from October 11-November 2: http://creaturefeatures.com

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Love him!! Thanks for sharing your tecnique!!
He has such personality!! :D

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks folks!
This guy is great! I love his expression!

So....is there really a difference (in the final product) between using this technique and monster mud??
This is going to be a little more flexible than monster mud, and less prone to cracking. I prefer doing things this way (especially since it gives you the base color). Monster Mud is going to be a bit harder, which might sometimes be important. I'm sure someone can chime in with the advantages of Monster Mud over this, but other than that, I think this is the way to go.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts