Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am very happy to be a part of this online forum, which happened by accident. But I believe maybe it was meant to be .
I'm really big into Halloween (as you can see) I love the decorations and ,most of all the whole atmosphere and belief around. I live in a place where I am a loner and many do not celebrate the season. So many think I am crazy or worship the devil. I don't care -I like being me.

Anyway- I am making a big move to Ohio. It may be for a while- I don't know anyone there . I seriously need to continue my Halloween so wondering of you all could recommend clubs, people, festivals -ETC I can get involved with to make it more than a seasonal event.

I hear Ohio is big in Halloween ( The movie Trick R Treat was based in it) , and of course Salem etc.

It may be a way of meeting my tribe . Please email me or message me any info.
I'll be there by May and well working and going to school but will have time to start my planning- I do not know where I'll be living so hope I get a place I can have fun with.

I is a bit heart breaking to leave home and there will be no one to do the decoration there -but you never know.

Looking forward to your messages.

Thank you

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello All,
I am very happy to be a part of this online forum, which happened by accident. But I believe maybe it was meant to be .
I'm really big into Halloween (as you can see) I love the decorations and ,most of all the whole atmosphere and belief around. I live in a place where I am a loner and many do not celebrate the season. So many think I am crazy or worship the devil. I don't care -I like being me.

Anyway- I am making a big move to Ohio. It may be for a while- I don't know anyone there . I seriously need to continue my Halloween so wondering of you all could recommend clubs, people, festivals -ETC I can get involved with to make it more than a seasonal event.

I hear Ohio is big in Halloween ( The movie Trick R Treat was based in it) , and of course Salem etc.

It may be a way of meeting my tribe . Please email me or message me any info.
I'll be there by May and well working and going to school but will have time to start my planning- I do not know where I'll be living so hope I get a place I can have fun with.

I is a bit heart breaking to leave home and there will be no one to do the decoration there -but you never know.

Looking forward to your messages.

Thank you
Hi! I don't know anything about the Halloween scene in Ohio but Congratulations on your big move!! 🎃🎃

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello All, Can anyone recommend any website where I can get discounted or good quality used Halloween props in The US I'll be around DC and Ohio areas. I'm looking at year round shopping.

Do you know of any stores that offer last e season stuff , etc

Thank you

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
As for halloween shopping at discount, Don’t know if this will be helpful but if you end up anywhere near West Chester, OH, Grandinroad has an outlet that has had Halloween at certain times of the year. https://www.grandinroad.com/store-locs/content
It would be hit or miss and some items might be damaged but they do carry some props and decor at discounted prices there. Check out their website’s Halloween Haven for an idea of what they carry. There are a number of yearly GR shopping threads that were posted on the forum showing past items.

Welcome to HF!

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Starting around July 4th the forum will start to list threads in the General Halloween board area of different stores and post about what’s coming in on the shelves. I know Menards is in OH and they start stocking early. I think AtHome is another store in that state. A lot of us have been repeat customers to HomeGoods/TJMaxx at halloween time. Depends on what kind of things you are looking for. Years ago I bought these great 36-inch gargoyles from them, numerous halloween busts, tombstones, some large props and other decor. Again all in the eye of the beholder.

I would suggest checking out local Goodwill and other resale shops starting in maybe July for when they start to put out their halloween items. Generally very good pricing. Never know what kind of stuff will show up. Also if your DIYing something, lots of other items during the rest of the year from clothing for costumes, large picture frames/mirrors, camera tripods for attaching projectors to, etc. can be found. Always a hit or miss place too but sometimes a gold mine especially closer to Halloween.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for halloween shopping at discount, Don’t know if this will be helpful but if you end up anywhere near West Chester, OH, Grandinroad has an outlet that has had Halloween at certain times of the year. https://www.grandinroad.com/store-locs/content
It would be hit or miss and some items might be damaged but they do carry some props and decor at discounted prices there. Check out their website’s Halloween Haven for an idea of what they carry. There are a number of yearly GR shopping threads that were posted on the forum showing past items.

Welcome to HF!
Hey Thanks., If you see anything feel free to send me a link

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starting around July 4th the forum will start to list threads in the General Halloween board area of different stores and post about what’s coming in on the shelves. I know Menards is in OH and they start stocking early. I think AtHome is another store in that state. A lot of us have been repeat customers to HomeGoods/TJMaxx at halloween time. Depends on what kind of things you are looking for. Years ago I bought these great 36-inch gargoyles from them, numerous halloween busts, tombstones, some large props and other decor. Again all in the eye of the beholder.

I would suggest checking out local Goodwill and other resale shops starting in maybe July for when they start to put out their halloween items. Generally very good pricing. Never know what kind of stuff will show up. Also if your DIYing something, lots of other items during the rest of the year from clothing for costumes, large picture frames/mirrors, camera tripods for attaching projectors to, etc. can be found. Always a hit or miss place too but sometimes a gold mine especially closer to Halloween.
I make my own stuff -I live in the Caribbean so had to make stuff to expensive to ship down-plus wanted original stuff. the take creating items is also therapeutic and I look forward tot hat the most. I love the Disney, traditional and gothic stuff like what you mentioned-plus I'll be on a budget for a couple years as doing a PHD full time. Please send em any good boards and groups. Keep in y touch.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
You’ve got good company here with DIYers. Some absolutely amazing creative stuff too. I’m no where near Ohio but we have a number of members who are that might be able to post a heads up on Grandinroad’s outlet. The other stores might be useful for accessory pieces that you wouldn’t necessarily make like rats for example. You’ll also find stores like Dollar Tree very helpful for things like that. Sometimes you might see an item in one of the other stores that sends you off on a project idea too so helpful in that respect for DIYers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts