Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
We're in the process of building a new hallway. We've seen it before and are attempting to create the specs from scratch. I'd love to get any feedback or insight if anyone has built, or has ideas.

It's a long hallway, maybe 10 feet long. All black. The floor is the secret, as it has planks that move, similar to the ones you would have found in fun houses years ago.

We're constructing it with ball bearings that act as the gliders. Allowing the planks that are 2x2 feet, to move appx 2 inches in any direction. Thus, the plank, floats above the bearings in a square casing of wood (probably 2x4's).

There will be a series of 5 of these 2x2 planks.

Any suggestions, ideas or already built plans? Thanks in advance everyone. Happy Haunting!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
How about using kitchen drawer sliders?

I just stumbled onto this video of a Frightprops product. Maybe it'll give you some inspiration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Daniel-will do, thanks!
@ Terror T--Nope not a tilt hallway, but thank you! We have an improv of this on a 20 degree slope from one side that's great!
@ DMinor---BINGO! You've got it. That's exactly what we're trying to build. Good find of the video (we love Frightprops) but this year, we wanted a project we could build ourselves.

So.....any engineers or smarties out there on some suggestions? I have a feeling once we get a prototype out there, it will be in home haunts for generations!

Thanks all,
Spence

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Build a frame, like in the video, then take two drawer sliders and attach it to a piece of MDF and place it on the ground. Be sure to build some sort of ramp up to the first frame and one down off the last one, just so no one trips. But I think that should be able to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts