Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I want to create my own 3 axis Skull, but I do not know the first step. I know i am going to need the VSA Software, but I need to know what other hardware I will need (type of servos, interface cards, power supply) and where can i purchase these items.

I will probably first start out by making a movable jaw, just to touch the surface of the electronics so i can learn.

So where can I buy the required components? Anyone have how to's?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can wait a bit, Graveyard Madness is putting together another version of the 3 axis skull kit for next year that will make this LOADS easier.

His kits are really good.
Really? That would be great. But how sure re you this Graveyard Madness will be creating kits again? How much did they cost in the past? Does the creator lurk on these forums?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I am working with Joel from Graveyard madness. Yes, he is an active member on this forum under GYM_Ghost. GYM=Grave Yard Madness.

Anyway, he closed the store this year because the response was so great, that there was no time to get out any additional orders. The store will be re-opening in November.

There are lots of plans for new things and all of the old things for next year. Keep an eye out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am working with Joel from Graveyard madness. Yes, he is an active member on this forum under GYM_Ghost. GYM=Grave Yard Madness.

Anyway, he closed the store this year because the response was so great, that there was no time to get out any additional orders. The store will be re-opening in November.

There are lots of plans for new things and all of the old things for next year. Keep an eye out.
Alright, that's great! I am looking forward to buying the kit and assembling it myself. I enjoy putting things together - though i would like to but the parts myself, its easier to buy known compatible parts through the kit, so I have less headaches along the way. I just hope you are right when you say the store will reopen in November, because I would love to buy this thing now and start playing with it in preparation for next Halloween!

·
Registered
123 Posts

You know something Bob.... i never understood what GYM stood for.. geez i'm such and idiot.. lol.. thanks!

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
Trust me, you will have plenty to work with on the kits. The parts are machined and ready to assemble. He put together the neck part with the last kit and trust me I am glad he did. Everything else was a challenge as it was.

You're going to have fun. Oh, the lindberg kit was $175 and the bucky kit was $200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts