Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for good movies that are either about Halloween, or set at Halloween. There are so many good horror movies, but I really want more movies centered around holiday itself. (Good, or at least semi-decent, so The Asylum's Halloween Night is right out. No offense if that movie's your jam.) My favorites include Trick 'r' Treat, Arsenic and Old Lace, Monster House, Nightmare Before Christmas, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Halloween, Halloween III, Something Wicked This Way Comes, and The Halloween Tree. Obviously I don't care if the movie is old or new, funny or scary, for kids or absolutely not for kids. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Might I suggest a nice movie from Disney called Halloweentown?

Reactions: Theda LaStrel

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I think I missed my chance on Hocus Pocus. I saw it for the first time a few years ago (I'm also in my 30s). I liked it okay, but I think I'd be way more in to it if I'd seen it as a kid.
sorry, dear...i think you are TOTALLY mistake. Some time this fall sit down in a dark, quiet room with some poppycorn and give yourself over to the Hocus Pocus...

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
When Good Ghouls Go Bad, Tower of Terror, every possible incarnation of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
There is one from a few years ago called Fun Size that takes place on Halloween. Not a great movie but not bad. There's another one called The Hollow that takes place on Halloween night. Maybe you would like Hocus Pocus better with some wine?? I watch it at least 5 times a year - twice already this summer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hocus Pocus came out the year I was married, so I definitely didn't watch in my childhood years.
Second on the Sleepy Hollow movies.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Most have been mentioned. One which aired originally on SlyFy is HEADLESS HORSEMAN. Acting not the greatest, but the atmosphere fits right in. The best would be DISNEY'S HALLOWEEN TREAT, more an anthology of classic scary cartoons than a movie. And not to be forgotten is DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW, complete with rural fall background, and a Halloween party in one of the segments. A true classic, and genuinely creepy and well-acted.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Godcrusher, the Halloween Roseanne episodes are good and some of the Modern Family ones. Let us know what other ones you find.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Disney's Halloween Treat
A Disney Villain Halloween
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
Halloween is Grinch Night
Tower of Terror
Double Double Toil and Trouble
Twitches
Haunted Mansion
Mom's Got A Date with a Vampire