Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping throw a halloween party and part of the "decor" will include a 10' screen (painting sheet) with a projector. Our plan was to play older horror movies with no sound. There will be halloween atmosphere music playing and other halloween party music.

My first thought was to play some of the older movies like Frankenstein, Dracula and Bride of Frankenstein from the 30's. I thought the slower plots, exagerated facial expressions and such would work well.

Then, I came across Return of the Living Dead and thought the zombie action would do well as a short distraction for people at the party that want to glance over once in a while for a little zombie action.

I also looked at the Hallowindow media but at this late date and the lack of download of full DVD/mp4 options... I'm passing. I did pay and download the zombie video... but at 2 minutes... looping that would probably get old quick.

This party is outside, there is a fog machine with chiller for low fog, decent lighting and music.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and reply.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
Have you considered reshowing a more recent movie that people have already seen.

My husband and I grew up in the 80's so we show movies that we grew up with (Gremlins, Child's Play, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street etc.)

We have showed older movies but people weren't interested or were upset because they had never seen the movie and couldn't hear what was happening.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, good idea. I'm not sure why I didn't think of more recent (ie. 80's) horror movies. The crowd will mostly be between 35 and 40 so those movies are all good. Thank you for the suggestions.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,328 Posts
In my experience, using the projector at the party is always a hit... no matter what we show.

The only problem we ever had was when the wind kept knocking down our movie screen.

And I am sure any movie you choose will be great.

Just choose a movie that goes with your theme and your friends. Next year we are going to have a haunted luau party for Halloween. And since all of our friends are fans of broken lizard we are going to show Club Dread. I know my friends will love it even though most people have never even seen the movie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts