Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I moved across the country from Nebraska to Pennsylvania so we hired a moving service to bring out our stuff. On delivery I noticed some of our stuff was missing figure oh well ithappens but as it kept going more things just kept piling up and once they got to my halloween props they'd broken 2 of my elaborate tombstones (make them by hand and look movie quality) and then all my other stuff just wasn't there a 15ft spider I made last year, all my animatronics, about 20 pose and stay skeletons, and a lot more. Have any of you had to deal with this? I'm not even sure how to claim them on an insurance form. I mean thousands of dollars of mats are gone but that doesn't account for the years and blood and sweat that went into making everything that I now assume some random worker stole off the back of the truck in thier warehouse.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If you dealt with a reputable moving company, they are insured to either replace or reimburse for any damages and losses. While it won't replace the blood and sweat, it will at least begin to replace some of what is missing. Talk to them as quickly as possible. An internal investigation of their own might find a way to locate the missing items.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the info. I know as they were unloading stuff we annotated everything down and wrote it on the delivery papers. We have found more along the lines of stuff missing but the moving company is being a bunch of asshats and is only will to pay 0.65¢ a lb for any missing items and won't cover the damaged furniture that they tore up.

·
Registered
793 Posts
We have found more along the lines of stuff missing but the moving company is being a bunch of asshats and is only will to pay 0.65¢ a lb for any missing items and won't cover the damaged furniture that they tore up.
File a complaint with the better business bureau, and look over your contract. If there is nothing specific about how they reimburse you, but an implication that they guarantee a safe delivery, you have an actionable offence. It's all in the details. What some companies promise to you while they're talking to you is nothing like what you sign when the contracts come out. We've been there before and it sucks. Hope it gets better.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,335 Posts
Check over the contract you signed very carefully too. If all else fails call a lawyer & have them threaten them. Sometimes just getting a letter on a law firm's letterhead is enough to scare people into paying up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Kdestra
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing