1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
I ordered one for dh to wear to work...he won't wear a costume (it's beneath his dignity as medical director...bleh) but I don't want him to be an old poop, either. Hence....Ugly Sweater!

I think they are adorable and long overdue!!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/the-further/3521333/ugly-halloween-sweaters-finally-becoming-thing-halloween/
I just saw those on Bloody Disgusting too! I kinda like the vampire one.

I'd love to have & wear one but we haven't had a "sweater weather" October, let alone a Halloween night, in years. Plus I'm usually running around the day of & I'm usually doing it in capris or shorts & a t-shirt. I'd die of heat exhaustion if I wore a sweater even later in the evening.

Heck, come to think of it, the last couple of years we haven't had "sweater weather" until January or later.:(

·
Registered
286 Posts
Oooh! I was just talking about getting a comfortable sweater to my mom today...though these ones are...quite seasonal lol. I love Halloween...I mean I'm on here lol. But I don't really "wear" Halloween, unless it's in October.

Though the skelly ones could be worn outside of October...if you're goth :p

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Whoa! Ugly? No Way! They're amazing! I'm gonna see if retail price drops Nov. 1st. then pick up a few for Christmas.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just saw those on Bloody Disgusting too! I kinda like the vampire one.

I'd love to have & wear one but we haven't had a "sweater weather" October, let alone a Halloween night, in years. Plus I'm usually running around the day of & I'm usually doing it in capris or shorts & a t-shirt. I'd die of heat exhaustion if I wore a sweater even later in the evening.

Heck, come to think of it, the last couple of years we haven't had "sweater weather" until January or later.:(
Wait, where in Maryland are you? Yes, most of October last year was unseasonably warm, but the last 2 weeks or so we had much more normal fall weather. Halloween night was actually cold. It got down to the high 30’s. (Granted, I hear you about the running around thing, but at the end of the night i was chilling on my steps drinking hot cider in a tshirt and it was cold. The kids were definently cold.) And I’m originally from New England, so I scoff at these weak Marylanders and what they think is cold weather.

Also, if you remember everyone was complaining about how cold January was this past year, lol. It was basically in the 20’s or low 30’s every day for like a month. Which is nothing compared to winters in the northern states, but people down here were freaking out. Its not like it was hot all November or December. Not New England cold, but its not like Maryland has become Florida or California.

Also, I wanted to hate these. I immediately thought of the “terrible Halloween trends” thread. But these look cool. Some, like the ribcage one, looks awesome. I just really dont like sweaters. Im more of a sweatshirt person.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
Wait, where in Maryland are you? Yes, most of October last year was unseasonably warm, but the last 2 weeks or so we had much more normal fall weather. Halloween night was actually cold. It got down to the high 30’s. (Granted, I hear you about the running around thing, but at the end of the night i was chilling on my steps drinking hot cider in a tshirt and it was cold. The kids were definently cold.) And I’m originally from New England, so I scoff at these weak Marylanders and what they think is cold weather.

Also, if you remember everyone was complaining about how cold January was this past year, lol. It was basically in the 20’s or low 30’s every day for like a month. Which is nothing compared to winters in the northern states, but people down here were freaking out. Its not like it was hot all November or December. Not New England cold, but its not like Maryland has become Florida or California.

Also, I wanted to hate these. I immediately thought of the “terrible Halloween trends” thread. But these look cool. Some, like the ribcage one, looks awesome. I just really dont like sweaters. Im more of a sweatshirt person.
I'm in Montgomery County. The last couple of years here in MoCo it's been warm (IMO anyway). I also tend to run a bit "hot" so I'm probably not a good judge.

Oh I know we don't from cold (or snow but let's not get into THAT rant right now), but we've been getting progressively warmer over the last 20 years.

Don't even get me started on the damp & humidity we're having right now. Oy vey. I've lived here all my life so humidity is just a part of life, but all this rain lately is killing me & killed my garden. I can take an 85°+ day but add in a dewpoint over 60 it's just disheartening.

I feel like we'll go from heat index to wind chill & have zero real fall (that isn't wet & rainy).

But youse guys in AZ, you can keep your "dry heat" because 115° is still waaaay too effin' hot for this lady!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cool I’m in MoCo too! We moved to Maryland 5 years ago and I have not gotten used to the humid summers and probably never will. They are horrible. We have had warm Octobers the past few years, but I distictly remember Halloween being “normal”. I think we have lucked out, because there have been a few weeks later in November where the temp went back up into the 60’s. I want a nice cool, high 40’s Halloween. Although I do think we have more of a fall then a spring. We usually get a few of those nice crisp days before the wind chill days. I feel like spring is the wind chill right into massive humidity. Maybe I’m just a fall optimist and only remember like a one or two hour period of good fall weather from each year, lol. I will forever hope for a nice New England-esq fall, cold spell all month long.

Also, totally agree with you about the snow. Pretty sure we got like 5 years’ worth of snow in that big one day blizzard a few years ago. I complain to my wife all the time that it isnt cold enough down here. I refuse to move any further south. We need legit sweater weather.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,773 Posts
Although I do think we have more of a fall then a spring. I feel like spring is the wind chill right into massive humidity.
Yep. That's about right. :D

Lately we've gotten rained out of spring. This year wasn't so bad because we got a garden in not too long after Mother's Day but then it rainedrainedrained&rainedsomemore so the garden was sort of a bust because of that. And we hadn't planted a garden in 2 years because by the time the weather cooperated back then it was mid-June & that's way too late to plant most things.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How has this only become a thing this year!?!? I wish I had been the genius to think of it! Seems so obvious! I will be buying for my sisters and kids! And myself and Hubby of course! Pure genius!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I sooo wish I could wear one to work! When I worked on a surgical floor we were allowed to dress up, but I’m in LD now and the only personalization option I have is my scrub cap.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fall sweaters don't really work here in Central Florida. Yesterday, September 17, it was 93 degrees with a heat index over 100. You know how you can tell it's fall in Florida? YOU CAN'T!!!
that's why i moved to Maine and not Fla...lol. I spent 30 years in the Texas heat...I just couldn't take anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts