Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to mount a more realistic skull to the body of an old style Walgreen's (not Pose-N-Stay) skeleton.

Would prefer to be able to have the head turn left to right and up and down.

Has anyone done this before and do you have any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
5,919 Posts
You might consider a tripod in that case. Ball joint at the base allows full range of motion. Easy to attach a skull with the stud.

There are mini tripods you could easily hide behind or even IN the spine that would allow a great range of motion, and they could be puppeteered with some modification.

·
Super Moderator
5,919 Posts
I believe something like THIS is what UnOrthodOx is referring to. Would be fine for most plastic skulls, but a resin skull would probably be too heavy for it.
I've seen some with smaller mounting bases, but yeah, that's the basic idea.

I've got a real tiny one that holds my dslr with 60 year old metal lenses just fine, can't see a resin skull causing issues.

A ball joint sounds like a good idea for movement...but I'm not sure what exactly will fill the empty space inside the skull and keep it stable and able to lock in place when not being moved.
Cut a slit in the back and bolt it on with a nice big washer and the appropriate sized nut. For that matter, you could also put the legs up into the skull, and bolt the mounting plate down onto the neck of the skeleton.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.