Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of the huge resin skulls sold by Home Depot/Costco/Ross and now Lowes. I want to put them on top of stepladders to make giant reapers but haven't come up with a way to secure them to the ladder.

The obvious way is to drill a couple of holes in each side and run wire through them, but I don't want to damage them in case I decide to put them down at eye level in future years.. Anyone have any better ideas?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Not sure what the bottom looks like but I assume it's relatively flat. Can you drill straight up into the bottom and secure it with lag bolts thru the top of the ladder?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's probably what I'm going to end up doing. I'll have to cut a hole in the bottom first just so I can access the inside.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have large bird 'apartments' on top of ladders in the garden and we just attached them with drywall screws up thru the top of the ladder and into the bottoms of the birdhouses. Don't know why that wouldn't work, with no need to cut holes in them. If you were worried about them pulling out, maybe the plastic expanding molly bolt things would give you more security (and a professional finished look to the holes in case you ever sold them or something)?

Reactions: Screaming Demons

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you are going to cut a hole in the bottom how about drilling some holes to where you can use large zip ties ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts