Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a Leering Skeleton prop and something else. I already invested in one wiper motor, 12 volt power and speed control. Looking to go a cheaper route for the second one. I read the cheap synchronous motors are good but get hot???? It will need to run for 4 hours straight. Would the reindeer motor be better. Some say those are too weak. What's your opinions? :confused:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Power car seat motors are usually cheaper than wiper motors, and they have pretty good torque as well. Only issue with most power seat motors is the shaft is not standard size so finding a nut to screw onto it is a PIA. However you can always use a coupling with set screws, or JB Weld a larger nut onto the shaft so you can attach an arm to it. The shaft is usually fairly long as well, but it can always be cut shorter. I have a power seat motor that I am currently using for the stirring mechanism in my cauldron. Has been working great. Usually run it at least 6 hours non stop a day for up to 2 weeks each season for the past 3 years and have had no issues with it.

Edited: Forgot to mention you can hook it up to the same kind of power supply as a wiper motor and use a speed controller to slow it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts