Halloween Forum banner

motor speed control

Electronic/Software: 
986 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CreepyCreations 
#1 ·
I am working on my cauldron creep and the wiper motor is too fast. I purchased a speed regulator and with it spliced into the computer charger I get no movement at any setting. The normal output of the charger is 5 V. The regulator is spliced in between the transformer and the motor.

Any suggestions? Maybe a bad regulator?

#2 ·
It's possible it's a bad speed controller, but you'll need to provide a bit more information to be sure. Do you have a link to the exact speed controller you bought? What input voltage and current is the controller rated for? How have you wired the charger into the controller and the controller into the motor? In these sorts of situations, a few pictures are worth several thousand words :D.

#3 ·
5 volts is pretty low to begin with. Have you tried running the 5 volts directly into the motor first to see if the motor even turns at all? With only 5 volts as the input to the controller, you may not even have enough juice to get the controller working, never mind the motor.

#5 ·
Perhaps the speed controller needs more than 5 volts to get it working. You might try 12 volts and then use the controller to really slow things down. You obviously want something VERY slow if 5 volts is still too fast. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.