Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good website or thread here shows a bunch of motor movement ideas, particularly electric motors and props? Looking for ideas and linkage ideas to start making props for 2019. Been out of the Haunted house hobby for 9 years. Maybe air powered too, just not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome back to the haunting hobby. I resisted for a long time to go with pneumatics, I like the motors because they don't require any air compressor... but I like the simplicity of the linear action of the cylinders. They can be tricky and a little dangerous when they do something unexpected -- this comes with experience and just be careful. Oh the other hand, the linkage situations get complicated and I'm not a mechanical engineer, but I studied the 4-bar linkage tutorials on-line and recommend getting some ideas of simple mechanisms work like sliders, rockers, cranks... while academic, it is foundational. Some of the haunt tutorials give good ideas, but they aren't always helpful. The best way is to experiment. I start with making a mock-up scaled model of my mechanism using stiff card stock and some small machine screws to figure out how the pivots, joints, actions, etc. will work. Also some trig is also good in calculating angular rotation and moving distances all as a starting point. Anyway, that's some food for thought. I'm sure others will chime in here and give you good advice. I think we're all learning here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
this is the new prop for our Halloween Darkride in 2018. Its driven by 2 wiper motors and 4 servos (in the skull, not mounted in the pictures) controlles by an arduino mega.
I will post another pic and vid of the ready version installed in the dark ride.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts