Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I want to make a moving skeleton using a basic motor. I have an idea for the layout and i've never used a motor before.

What I need help is with, how do I power it either to a battery or to a wall outlet?
How would you turn it on and off?

Any help would be much appreciated
Dave :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is an image of the motor

here is an image of the motor, the forum wouldn't let me post an image on my first post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey

Thank you guys, The links were very useful.
If you have any other links that will help me with parts please paste them in for me.
These accessory pages are very useful.
Thank you again,
Dave

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
That is clearly an AC induction motor with a gear head for lower RPMs. It could very well be 110 volts AC but that would be a guess at best. You'll need to supply AC power at the right voltage and use a relay to turn it on or off. Are there any part or manufacturing numbers on it? Did you tear it out of something or buy it as-is?

It would be something like this:

Dayton AC Parallel Shaft Gear Motor 115v 25 RPM - eBay (item 310155740666 end time Jul-23-09 12:01:54 PDT)

in which case you would not get any directional control, you'd need a DC motor (wiper motor) for that.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Just a quick ad that may help you in the future, here is a link to buy the reindeer motors, they are fairly cheap and can be used to move fairly light props or using for easy pushing leaning type movements.

Cam Arm Kit Includes Motor

·
Banned
85 Posts
I want to make a moving skeleton using a basic motor. I have an idea for the layout
Ok ... you knowing is GREAT . But ... for anyone to help you ,

WE need to know also . :rolleyes:

so ... here's what we need to know

a) HOW do you plan on the skeleton moving ( his legs , his head , his arm , all of him ) ?

b) what skeleton are you planning on using ( if your not sure which one he is , post a picture of it )

c) and last but not least - is this prop going to be triggered by something , or is it going to be continuous run ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts