Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I want to make a moving skeleton using a basic motor. I have an idea for the layout and i've never used a motor before.

What I need help is with, how do I power it either to a battery or to a wall outlet?
How would you turn it on and off?

Any help would be much appreciated
Dave :)

·
The Evil Apparitionist
555 Posts
That is clearly an AC induction motor with a gear head for lower RPMs. It could very well be 110 volts AC but that would be a guess at best. You'll need to supply AC power at the right voltage and use a relay to turn it on or off. Are there any part or manufacturing numbers on it? Did you tear it out of something or buy it as-is?

It would be something like this:

Dayton AC Parallel Shaft Gear Motor 115v 25 RPM - eBay (item 310155740666 end time Jul-23-09 12:01:54 PDT)

in which case you would not get any directional control, you'd need a DC motor (wiper motor) for that.

·
Banned
85 Posts
I want to make a moving skeleton using a basic motor. I have an idea for the layout
Ok ... you knowing is GREAT . But ... for anyone to help you ,

WE need to know also . :rolleyes:

so ... here's what we need to know

a) HOW do you plan on the skeleton moving ( his legs , his head , his arm , all of him ) ?

b) what skeleton are you planning on using ( if your not sure which one he is , post a picture of it )

c) and last but not least - is this prop going to be triggered by something , or is it going to be continuous run ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.