Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a motion sensored prop ( not sure what he is, 5ft tall and pulls face off to reveal skull which glows green, bought at Halloween USA last year) that does not work well once it is dark. Is it just bad placement, or do I need to use the motion sensor hack and then plug him into that.

Any ideas???

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
PSK, I think those sensors detect changes in light levels and not really motion, I seem to remember a discussion about them on here and one solution was to aim a small light like a pen light at the sensor positioning so a person will walk between it and the prop thus breaking the beam or really blocking the light. Don't know if this works as I have not tried it but its an easy test.

·
Registered
391 Posts
it works, i use the small aaa battery mag lights pointed at my props and when the light beam is broken they go off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks for the idea. Any idea where I can pick one of these pen lights up?

·
Registered
460 Posts
What about a laser, would that work the same? The only reason I ask, is with a laser the only place you would see it would be on the sensor...

·
Registered
391 Posts
laser pen works too, I just didnt like seeing a red dot on my props. With the tiny mag light flash lights they barely light up the props which is enough to trigger them. Also, if its an animated prop and the sensor is on something that moves the laser didnt always line back up correctly, the flash light always trigger it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts