Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a device that will record voice and then play the message back when activated by a motion sensor. Can any one provide me with information on where I can get this . Maybe a company name and phone number?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
OK question Steve
how hard would it be to replace the push button for some of these playback kits with a motion sensor?
I guess like a light trigger on any other store bought prop.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't rely on the supplied speaker. I use a pair of powered computer speakers as the unit comes with a[FONT=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif] 3.5mm (1/8") mono audio output jack.[/FONT]

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have to go with Halstaff on this... I, too, have used some of the audio board from electronics123... they are great! I have my own triggering mechanism, so I haven't bought one with the motion sensor, but the sound board is the same one I use. Plug in a set of powered PC speakers, and you're good to go! There are some excellent programming options for this board, too... have it step through different sounds/recordings on each trigger, for example. I've used a number of these for different props.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought several from electronics 123 and found them rather hard to program. Want a really easy unit, with awesome sound, up to 5 minutes of recording. motion sensored in a self contained unit? Halloween Asylum carries a mini recordable unit for $29. Bought 2 to start with then ordered more. Can't add speakers but work great!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just wondering something about the motion-sensored recording...do you think something like this might work as a theft deterrent? For example, if someone entered a yard and approached a prop with the intention of grabbing it, would the motion-sensor trigger the audio recording? My thinking is, that if the audio was a loud yell of "Get out of here, you punks!"... would it be enough to startle the would-be perps?

I just hate hearing people here and in my town talking about all of the things stolen from yards in recent years.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I hate to see all those smashed Pumpkins all over the roads on November first. I have always wanted to make a Jack-o-lantern from concrete!
Seeing someone lays on their back in pain because they ran up to it, reached down, gave a quick,strong TUG! and muscles said-NO! NO-WAY!
Maybe I could locate a group of chiropractors to finance my concrete purchases?
The motion-sensing talking boxes were originally made as an anti-theft device. Radio shack sold a small one to hide in a drawer. It also had a siren setting you could adjust instead of "talking", probably not made now for many years.
I want their old "Talking chip" kit again.I miss that!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There is one just ten miles from me here in Northwestern Illinois, he also owns one 45 miles from me here the other direction, or he did?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there i'm from denmark and here everything cost alot more than in the states a simple system to play audio with a sensor cost about 80 $ here Any good idea how i can do this cheaper ..?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi there i'm from denmark and here everything cost alot more than in the states a simple system to play audio with a sensor cost about 80 $ here Any good idea how i can do this cheaper ..?
If you're still out there Nihilus83 try visiting a site like Ali Express. They are a company that basically networks thousands of little companies together to sell all manner of things. While I'm not totally sure about Denmark's import laws, I notice all sorts of European countries in the review areas getting the same things I do, so it's definitely worth a try. Many things ship free. Their products are generally good and far cheaper than almost any other place I've visited.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts