Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've read how people have used motion detector flood lights to control props, my problem is all the ones I find have a minimum of 1 minute on time. Some have said they found these lights where they can be set for seconds, 10 to 15 seconds would be ideal. Can anyone tell me where they got theirs and/or the model number?

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Look for the units that have a "test" mode on them. This is a 5 second setting. I just leave it on test mode all the time and it works great for props.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 on the test mode, that the way I run all of mine. I add some strips of duct tape to cover the majority of the sensor so that it only sees a small area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just grabbed some of the cheapest ones I could find ($12 or so) at Lowes, they are brown plastic models, and they had 5 second test mode. Model is item #72836.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got one of these and I am using it to control a floodlight. It has several choices for the "on time" including 5,10 and 15 secends. The cool thing is that it also lets you choose a delay time so it won't keep going off everytime it triggers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts