Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Currently flooded here in South Australia, along with a statewide power loss so I hear ya! It's nearly 9pm here, and so eerie having no light as far as the eye can see!
Luckily I prepared a cold dinner this morning just in case, so we all have full bellies :)

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently flooded here in South Australia, along with a statewide power loss so I hear ya! It's nearly 9pm here, and so eerie having no light as far as the eye can see!
Luckily I prepared a cold dinner this morning just in case, so we all have full bellies :)
I guess we will just have to break out the candles and decorate inside! ��

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,480 Posts
All this means is the blow molds won't get lit until the weekend or Monday. I'm doing the inside this weekend anyway.

·
Registered
363 Posts
sunny and warm here in Washington and now winds yet glad I started the big props this last weekend even though I haven't got much done
rain should be here soon and wind always wind

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Still hot and humid here in Florida, but it looks like Matthew heading north. But there is a chance of rain every day for the foreseeable future. But still good compared to flooded and no power, sorry you guys I hope you get power back soon! I hope Matthew misses you A Little Odd.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Latest forecast from the Washington Post's weather blog is that the worst should be over by late Friday, with lingering showers into Saturday morning. Partly sunny on Sunday with only a chance of a shower. Subject to change without notice, of course. :confused:

I put out only a few of the hardiest decorations on October 1st, preferring to build up the suspense. Still, I'd like to at least put out the inflatable skull, so Kitty the inflatable crouching cat has something to stalk the rest of the month.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The Farmers are working as quickly as possible to get their crops in before the flooding and big rains hit,which fits right in with what I tell people at the exit of my Haunt:"Watch out for DEER! The Farmers are stealing their Corn again, and the Deer are going CRAZY!"
Carroll County , Illinois has the 2nd to 3rd most Deer in this state.
Keeps the car insurance adjusters busy too!

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
We're contending with wildfires here. DH could see the flames in the mountains coming home from work the other day. Eyes smarted a little the last two days but now the winds are sending smoke in our general area so it now smells smoky too. Avoiding the outdoors for now. The Big Sur fire (while affecting fewer people due to the more remote location of it from towns) has been burning for two or three months now and sure those folks down wind of it are feed up. Hoping they get the few fires here in the Bay area fully contained soon. Funny thing is a few days before this local fire started I saw that the car in front of me at the drive-thru at Starbucks had firefighter plates and decal on their car and I tried to literally "pay it forward" to treat them to their morning brew. Unfortunately they said they couldn't do the person in front of you, just behind you. Go figure that. Gotta love and appreciate those guys on the fire lines in these wild, steep terrain conditions.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Spent 2.5 hours yesterday putting up my first big out door decoration (gothic window with skull ledge)...only for it to be 100+degrees and melt all the adhesive off my hooks and come home to it hanging off the house today....waaaahhh :( so sad!!!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,648 Posts
I don't put a thing outside until week of, and sometimes just a few days before. It's just that unpredictable here. Doing that either makes for a lot of work or saves a lot of work, depending on the weather. No way I put out anything this early.
Same here. I plan on putting out my fence and columns this weekend and a couple of cheap store bought tombstones, along with a skeleton on our foyer roof balcony, just to get the buzz going. I hold off on putting the majority of stuff until a few days prior, and even the day of. We have to erect our haunt structure starting on the 23 but that's weather proof and we can work indoors if we get rain. It can be a scramble but I've never lost anything to weather and I don't worry about stuff getting ruined or stolen either.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Same here. I plan on putting out my fence and columns this weekend and a couple of cheap store bought tombstones, along with a skeleton on our foyer roof balcony, just to get the buzz going. I hold off on putting the majority of stuff until a few days prior, and even the day of. We have to erect our haunt structure starting on the 23 but that's weather proof and we can work indoors if we get rain. It can be a scramble but I've never lost anything to weather and I don't worry about stuff getting ruined or stolen either.
Yep, the fence can always go out early, it's well weather-proofed, and my light posts can go up too, rain won't damage them either.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,480 Posts
Latest forecast from the Washington Post's weather blog....
The Capital Weather Gang is one of the best weather blogs around. The people there really know their stuff & the commenters (of which I'm one) are pretty cool too (if I do say so myself).

I usually leave it up all day when weather is like this or we're expecting snow.

Thankfully, we're not expecting snow.

yet.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,076 Posts
We got over an inch of rain over night in SE MIchigan and it's been raining off & on all day - calling for such thru Saturday and a lesser chance Sunday. Sigh. Yesterday I did manage to get the lawn scalped where the cemetery will go with the intent of putting out at least the fence & headstones today. Unless there's thunder & lightning I still will, but the blowmolds can wait until it's NOT raining.

I get out of work in 1/2 hour (can't you tell I'm busy!!:D:D:D) and there appears to be a break in the action for a while, fingers crossed!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts