Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the new props for the display in 2019. This is a home build I started a few years ago, but never got around to finishing because I couldn't get the head or hands right. I thought I'd never finish it, but Spirit helped by issuing they're hanging Sam, so I cut his head off his armature, and tore his hands off to use on the prop I started a few years ago. Scale was perfect! I finally got to finish him for display this year. Really excited about this one, but not many would understand. :rolleyes:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,583 Posts
I love your Sam. He looks just perfect! Are you using a child sized mannequin or did you build a body form yourself? Did you sew the costume? And really awesome you included the lolly. I adore the lolllypop. :D

I made a full sized adult costume back when the movie came out and it was still freaky as could be. Seeing a "real" Sam sitting in someone's yard or porch would likely scare me good! :ROFLMAO:

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks great. I thought it was a real kid in costume standing there.
Me too! Nicely done.
Thanks! Most appreciated. :) He does kinda look like a real kid standing there in costume. That was my goal. I love the realism for anyone who's seen the movie. The hanging Sam from Spirit really helped me finish this project. I just wasn't happy with my few past attempts to build a Sam head. It frustrated me to the point of letting him stand headless in a spare bedroom. :D That was kind of creepy in and of itself. lol

I love your Sam. He looks just perfect! Are you using a child sized mannequin or did you build a body form yourself? Did you sew the costume? And really awesome you included the lolly. I adore the lolllypop. :D

I made a full sized adult costume back when the movie came out and it was still freaky as could be. Seeing a "real" Sam sitting in someone's yard or porch would likely scare me good! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks FG! And you nailed it... a "soft" child sized mannequin with a stand. The body wasn't the right shape because Sam doesn't really have a neck, and the mannequin's neck was too long, so I had to do some stuffing over the shoulders in the pajamas. I actually found someone on Etsy to do the pajamas for me when I started this one, so they're essentially real, but when I got them they were too clean and perfect. It just didn't look right, so I had to Sam up the pajamas which looks better. The lollypop was purchased a couple years ago on eBay. It looks just like in the movie. ;) It really was a simple project with Spirit's contributions. Of course I have a "hanging Sam's" guts laying around now. lol. I'll have to find something to do with that armature. I'm sure I'll come up with something, but I'll need to start a future project bin or something.

I haven't quite figured out exactly where to put him yet. Outside would be fun, but maybe only on Halloween night and in the graveyard. Until then we'll have to find a place to put him for the party to scare the $#!* out of folks. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
The Joker
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing