Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sitting here reading through the forum a little and maybe this is pre-visited, but I gotta ask it anyway. Past or present, what is the most memorable (scary or creative) scene that you've seen in a haunted house or yard haunt.

Mine is when I was about 8 I went through a haunt that had a basement, and as you crawled through a tunnel, the carpet below you turned into chicken wire that looked over the basement. As you crawl, you can hear a chainsaw, circular saw, and loads of screaming and below you were the horrors of a sure madman. When you entered the last room on ground floor, they ask you if you'd like to continue or leave. I LEFT! That scared the living daylights outta me. I wish I'd gone on to see it first hand. I will never forget that Haunted House!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow! sounds good! Wouldn't the chicken wire hurt crawling over it ?

My most memorable was a haunted mill in Pa.

You pushed a door open and walked into a black and white checkered room with a strobe light going really fast. After you entered the room you are drawn to the far side of the room. (the floor was slanted to that side of the room.) A pumpkin head guy would come at you from the side. And you couldn't walk to the other side of the room to get away, cause of the slant, you clung to the wall. After a bit of scare, the cast member would stop and point to the wall on the far side of the room. Which is where the exit door was hidden in the checker pattern. Really cool.
Later in the same haunt, being pitch black, you pass a glowing object off in the distance to the left side, it's moving really fast from side to side and then it slows down. After a few minutes of looking someone jumps up right in front of you with a flash light in their face. :D Scared the ba jeebies out of me!!!! Cause I was busy trying to figure out what the glow was. duh... still don't know what it was suppose to be.

Ahh , fun times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chicken wire was reinforced every foot, and it was double layered so that it was extra strong. The tunnel was lengthy and PITCH BLACK, but the part with the chicken wire was only about eight feet long.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I know that I've said this elsewhere on this site but I'm uncertain to where that link is.

The scariest part of any haunted house that I've been to was when I lived in Germany. One of the Army units used an empty barracks building on post and they transformed it into a psycho ward type of place. When my 2 friends and I were outside waiting to go in, the money taker-the one at the head of the line letting us know when we could go in was chatting us up and asking our names and whatnot. I didn't think anything of it..thought he was trying to get a number from one of us actually! LOL After being spooked in a couple of different scenes/rooms, we ended up in a room that was a surgery gone wrong scene. The actor on the table was being "cut up" by doctors and she would was screaming..then the lights when black, you felt sprinkles of "blood" falling and then on the floor my two friends names' were written in glow in the dark paint. My friends almost crapped themselves for sure. The actress was also calling out their names.

My friends couldn't figure out how their names got written on the floor or the actress was yelling for them til I told them the next day that the guy that was chatting us up at the front of the line had a walkie talkie and radio'ed their names ahead of time to set the scene!! LMAO It was a great haunt...the best ever and it only cost $5!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Haha, I love it when people say their names when they come in the house and all of us actors shout it out. They always wonder how we know it, but believe me, we have walkie talkies and runners who let you know ahead of time and what they look like. :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH HOW I LOVE TO CHANT THEIR NAMES!!!!! That is one of THE most clever things I have heard of.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The coolest/ creepiest moment I've had in a haunted house happened before we even got into it. We waited the obligatory 5 minutes for the people in front of us to get far enough ahead in the house so that we could enter. We entered a small vestibule area, listened to the butler's speech, and then, as we're about to enter, we were handed a flashlight! When you enter the actual house every room was pitch black and you had to find your way with the flashlight. Some rooms had lights that would pop on when they were triggered but otherwise the house was completely dark aside from your flashlight. It certainly added a lot of suspense to your typical haunt. It's amazing how something so simple made such a big impact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts