Halloween Forum banner

Most memorable costume

4K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  stormygirl84 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I was just remembering Halloweens past and the costumes I have seen over the years. And I was wondering what is the most memorable costume for you? Whether it be a trick-or-treater's, your kid's, your spouse's costume. It could be the scariest, cutest, most original. I just wanna know what costume sticks out in your mind the most.
For me, I would have to say it was a ToT from last year. He couldnt have been more than 2 years old and could only say "Tweat" when his mom tried to get him to say "trick or treat". But that didnt matter because she had dressed him in the most adorable blue elephant costume I have ever seen in my life. The ears were twice the size of his little head and the trunk hung down like a scarf below his chin.
I couldnt resist giving him a whole handful of candy just because he was so stinkin' cute. I am sure his mom ate most of it, but she deserved it for dressing her son in that costume AND actually coaxing him to try and say "trick or treat". :3
So, I am curious. What are your memorable costume stories? :)

#41 ·
My mom always helped us make our costumes---I don't know if it was because she wanted to save money or she enjoyed it, but it made for memorable Halloweens! I wish we had more photos from our childhood to prove some of the crazy things she talked us into. One year she dressed us all as aliens, another year as hobos, but the one that I remember most was the ghostbusters complete with foil wrapped cereal boxes strapped to our backs, jumpsuits, and all sorts of vacuum cleaner hose contraptions. :)
Now I do the same thing to my kids---no store bought costumes for them. Whatever they want to be we figure out how to make. They have been chickens COVERED in white feather boas and yellow leggings, ninjas, The Crocodile Hunter, etc. But my absolute favorite was when they decided to both go as jellyfish. We rigged two clear domed umbrellas with bubble wrap and glow sticks and they really did look like jellyfish bobbing up and down the street. :D

#42 ·
But my absolute favorite was when they decided to both go as jellyfish. We rigged two clear domed umbrellas with bubble wrap and glow sticks and they really did look like jellyfish bobbing up and down the street. :D
That is very inventive. I love it! xD

#45 ·
We always made the costumes for our daughter when she was little. One year it was Sylvester (for this she carried a Tweety bird sandwich made out of foam and a Tweety pet toy - that snotty little bird always annoyed me. I thought it was time Sylvester was depicted as victorious). Another was Marvin the Martian (the accessories for this costume was a box labeled "Instant Martians" and a ray gun). But the best were Wile E. Coyote (complete with an ACME rocket tied to her back and a box of ACME bird seed) and Darkwing Duck (with a handmade gas gun). The year she went as Darkwing Duck she wanted to enter the costume contest at the mall. When we walked in there was a chorus of gasps & "Oooh! Darkwing Duck!" exclamations by kids standing in the trick-or-treat line. Our shy little girl walked confidently to the center of the mall for the contest — and won first place. I have TONS of pictures - I will bore you with just three. :eek:
Bull

Red Pink

Animation Costume

Attachments

#46 ·
NormalLikeYou, I love your costumes!! So cute!

My mom always made mine when I was young. I was Wonder Woman one year, and I really remember that... Mostly because it wasn't a store-bought costume. Like I said, Mom made it, right down to my Lasso of Truth!

Another one she did was REALLY elaborate... It was a cat, but not just a cat ear headband and a clip-on tail... She went all-out, with a full headdress, furry gloves, full face make-up, the works. I looked like I'd just jumped out of the Broadway musical - I really ought to try to find a picture.

Then there were the ones that I made myself. The first I remember was the dead football player from Beetlejuice. Where I came up with the idea for this, I don't know. Maybe it was after watching the Homecoming parade or something. But it was the first year I did my own make-up - bruises, scabs and all - and I must say, I did a decent job of it. My only issue was that everyone thought I was a boy that year...

Then, the last year I went trick-or-treating, I dressed up as an 80s glam rocker. I had zebra stripe leggings under a ripped up denim mini skirt, black motorcycle boots, an over-sized blouse over a bright teal tank top, plus a vest over the blouse, fingerless gloves ala Madonna, and, best of all, a crazy ticked-out mullet wig that I used the spray-in hair dye on to give it colorful stripes. It was LOTS of fun, and everybody loved it. I even carried my guitar bag around as a candy bag! it really completed the look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.