Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
One of our hands down favorites was a few years ago. 3 girls, 11 or 12, came as old ladies in housecoats, with curlers in their hair, bumped out butts, old lady make up, canes, etc. The best part was that they STAYED IN CHARACTER the whole time they were there. They were a riot.

My personal favorite costume as a kid was I guess in 7th grade. Using the Dick Smith Famous Monsters of Filmland Make Up book I did myself as Mr. Hyde. Ended up winning the costume contest at school, I was really proud of that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
One year I went as Medusa - I had 27 snakes entwined in my hair, my body was painted pea green and sprayed with gold glitter. When people looked at me I threw salt at them (stones would have hurt). Needless to saw, most people stayed away from me.

Another year, I was The Bride laying on a slab in the front yard. Every so often I would rise and scream at the top of my lungs, then lay back down. People would poke me, tap me, etc. to see if i was real (I was once a maniquin model so I can stay still for a long time). I lost my voice that night, but it was so much fun to have people guess if I was real or animitronic.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Back when I was in middle school, there was a young girl dressed as a ghost, which looked far more like a KKK member:D With her father's nasty attitude, I think that it was an actual Klan outfit from his youth that was passed down to her:rolleyes: I nearly got into a fight with the (likely inebriated) man, since he threatened to punch me for scaring his daughter; my mother told him that if the house was too scary, he should have just kept walking, and even his wife/girlfriend asked him to cool it. After the incident, my friends and I got sent inside and wound up playing video games for the rest of the night, which is another reason why I remember...:mad:

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,991 Posts
2 years a go, a girl of about 9ish came up wearing all white & had an inflatable donut on her front. Instead of a bag, she was carrying a Dunkin Donuts munchkin box. I loved it! she came by last year in another unique homemade costume that for the life of me can't remember. She was in a box and remarked to me that she hadn't thought it out well, since she had no arm holes. I had to drop the candy down her neck hole.
Can't wait to see what she comes up with this year!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostTown
Hobo. Age 5.
I'm frankly SHOCKED I hardly ever see this one anymore. That was like THE go to costume as a kid. Easy, quick, don't slow you down, nothing to trip on...

That's because the political correctness police call them "domicile challenged" now and give them an EBT card. :rolleyes:

Eric

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Great stories everyone! :D
I have another costume story, which is not so much memorable to me so much as it was for all the children and home owners and haunters in our neighborhood who were terrified out of their wits.
My husband dressed as Buckethead last year. He wore a yellow raincoat, a plain white nearly expressionless mask, and a KFC bucket on his head. He scared everyone he walked past in the neighborhood. All the ToTs would swerve to avoid being within a ten foot radius of him. Everyone would whisper about how creepy he was or ask him what the heck he was supposed to be. He wasnt in it for the candy, but all the home owners gave him some just because he freaked them out. He often snuck up silent behind me while I waited for the kids to get their candy, scaring the bejeezus outta me.
The funniest part? My niece who was only 10 months old at the time just stared at him in awe while he was in costume. Then proceeded to scream when he took his mask off. Lol. She is still leery about him even when she sees him now. xD

·
Registered
105 Posts
My favorite halloween costume of all time had to be, when my son was 2 he went as the hulk. The costume had false muscles sewn into it so it looked like he was really pumped. The costume came with the hulk mask, but he refused to wear it no matter how much he loved the hulk. So he walked around the whole night with just the body on. It made him look like he had all these huge, green muscles and a very tiny-not so green head. It still makes me giggle to this day when I think about it.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
I have several over the years:

The group of teens that were dressed in really creative costumes and very cool... but the one that stuck out was Banana guy that got his stem caught in our spiderwebbing. He was so worried he was going to mess something up... :)

A little boy out for his first TOT, maybe 2-3 years old, and dressed as a tiny choo choo train. His mother had made it, and the candy went in the smokestack (an oatmeal cylinder). GREAT homemade costume and he was so adorable.

A teen girl as Rainbow Brite. Her friends weren't dressed as elaborately, but her costume ROCKED - and I told her so. BIG handful of candy for her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a black friend and his wife is white..last year at a friends party ..she went a big colonel sanders with a big chopping knife and feathers glued on her and he went as a skinny chicken half pucked ..i laugh so hard when they walked in i will never forget it

·
Registered
212 Posts
one thar stands out for me is this little boy maybe 5 or 6 he came as a basket of dirty clothes, he had a laundry basket that had a hole cut in the bottom and he held on with rope like suspenders and had varioous clothing items pinned to his clothes and hanging out of the basket , yeh he got extra too he was so sad cause his parents could not get him a real costume he was a little cutie

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
DOCTOR PROCTOR ! Dressed up with spiked black and white hair, white coat, black bow tie and.....gloves. Not to say ugly teeth, a 3 foot syringe stuck in my pants. When someone would come up to me I would snap my gloves and reach towards them, like a doctor would saying, "Cough" ! Oh then there was the KY, OH MY !!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
One year I went as Medusa - I had 27 snakes entwined in my hair, my body was painted pea green and sprayed with gold glitter. When people looked at me I threw salt at them (stones would have hurt). Needless to saw, most people stayed away from me.

Another year, I was The Bride laying on a slab in the front yard. Every so often I would rise and scream at the top of my lungs, then lay back down. People would poke me, tap me, etc. to see if i was real (I was once a maniquin model so I can stay still for a long time). I lost my voice that night, but it was so much fun to have people guess if I was real or animitronic.
That is Hilarious Miss Kiki I bet you scared the GOO out of some of the people that poked you.LOL

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've seen a few great costumes on friends but most memorable for me was my husband wearing this 7 or 8 years ago:
hallo.jpg

What was he? I dunno. He looks like a misplaced older woman at a dance club in the '80s. (He's also wearing garish women's makeup but he doesn't want his face on the internet.) This is probably the biggest "wtf are you wearing?" costume I've seen in real life.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
A toddler who was a pirate dinosaur.

He couldn't decide if he wanted to be a pirate or a dinosaur so he went as both. He had on the Jack Sparrow hat/wig & makeup & the body of a puffy dinosaur costume with the puffy little feet! I wish I'd taken a picture because it was the KEWTEST THING EVAR!:D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Back when I was in middle school, there was a young girl dressed as a ghost, which looked far more like a KKK member:D With her father's nasty attitude, I think that it was an actual Klan outfit from his youth that was passed down to her:rolleyes: I nearly got into a fight with the (likely inebriated) man, since he threatened to punch me for scaring his daughter; my mother told him that if the house was too scary, he should have just kept walking, and even his wife/girlfriend asked him to cool it. After the incident, my friends and I got sent inside and wound up playing video games for the rest of the night, which is another reason why I remember...:mad:
I am very sorry to hear that, Garthgoyle. :( I agree though that if the guy didn't want his daughter to get scared, he should have gauged her reaction and kept walking if he didn't think that she could handle it. There was no reason for him to ruin your night by being a jerk and proclaiming it your fault that his daughter got scared. Besides, isn't Halloween about getting a little scared. He's seriously gonna be mad because you were doing your Halloween duties? :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts