Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be holding an insured and paid for event. It will be nothing large or out of this world but, will be good for what you get. It will be setup in the tennis court of my local neighborhood club house. I will be making quite a few banners for advertising. Based on the location it could bring in over 1k people in the course of 3 nights. As long as I get the ok to do it than it will happen. Kind of nervous but, it's about time to give it a shot.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
If you're getting yard signs done, order them NOW.

Most local printers who offer yard signs don't actually have the equipment to print yard signs. Instead they outsource to a handful of companies specializing in yard signs, particularly using one in Tennessee and another in Florida. While this isn't a problem most of the time, Halloween signs suffer from the political campaigning backlog, which was particularly bad last year. I went to place my sign order last August only to find out I likely wouldn't get the signs before Halloween, let alone in time for the event on the 26th.

Vinyl banners, on the other hand, you should be able to source from local printers with the right equipment as little as 2 weeks before the event.

My next tip is: your expectations are a bit wild. It takes a few years to build up a reputation for a haunt. My first year was less than 30 guests and the second was 5 times that. This year I'd be looking at as many as 750 guests had my volunteers quit on me a couple weeks back. So try to lock in a three or five year arrangement for the tennis court, and don't get disheartened if you don't hit that 1k mark on the guest count.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May I ask where in Virginia?
West end of Richmond.

If you're getting yard signs done, order them NOW.

Most local printers who offer yard signs don't actually have the equipment to print yard signs. Instead they outsource to a handful of companies specializing in yard signs, particularly using one in Tennessee and another in Florida. While this isn't a problem most of the time, Halloween signs suffer from the political campaigning backlog, which was particularly bad last year. I went to place my sign order last August only to find out I likely wouldn't get the signs before Halloween, let alone in time for the event on the 26th.

Vinyl banners, on the other hand, you should be able to source from local printers with the right equipment as little as 2 weeks before the event.

My next tip is: your expectations are a bit wild. It takes a few years to build up a reputation for a haunt. My first year was less than 30 guests and the second was 5 times that. This year I'd be looking at as many as 750 guests had my volunteers quit on me a couple weeks back. So try to lock in a three or five year arrangement for the tennis court, and don't get disheartened if you don't hit that 1k mark on the guest count.
Yeah there is a 50/50 of me having to go with vinyl's this year. My yard haunt has gotten over 100 people with little to no advertising. I have a pretty good reputation in my area. My location will get me no less than 400 people. It's gonna be open 3 nights. Trust me I will be happy with whatever I get. There is gonna be a canned food drive also so that should bring in a few more people.

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is a little far for me but I wish you the best of luck. Be safe and give them a show they will never forget.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 9 of 9 Posts