Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the moss has had rain fog cold weather and sun.
All in all it turned out good.
What you need
Cookie sheet lined with foil
Rubber gloves
2 oz tube of craft paint. Your color choice
A cheap sifter.
Outdoor wood glue. I used gorilla glue.
A deep bowl to mix
And saw dust.

Put on your gloves.
Mix together 1 part paint to 3 parts water.( I emptied the paint bottle and just re filled it 3 times. Made use of every drop of paint)
Mix the paint and water well.
Start adding sawdust. I added sawdust by the hand full. Mix and add, mix and add. Stop adding sawdust when it no longer is absorbing the paint.
Spread the mixture out on the cookie sheet as thin ad possible and allow to dry.
Place small handfuls of the moss in the sifter and grind it around, preferably over the container you choose to store moss flock.
Paint the glue on your stone and dust the glue with the flock. After its dry brush off the excess and reuse it if possible.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This worked extremely well. The paint did not bleed and the moss did not come off.
I highly recommend this.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,153 Posts
For a minute there I was thinking you were giving us a REAL moss recipe!LOL!! This is a much better recipe actually.

I used to have a real moss recipe that involved buttermilk but you had to have real moss as a starter with it. This is a much better recipe that doesn't involved stinky milk & my blender & will look sooooo much better over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts