Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, since I just joined today I thought I would share with you last yrs haunt. I apologize if this is the wrong place for this thread. The powers at be are more then welcome to relocate it.

I've only been doing the home haunt for two years. 2007 was my first yr and I decided to do it about two days before halloween. Which gave me this:

I had very little to work with, so I did what I could with what I had. Well for 2008 I had a lot more time to prepare. But I live in an apartment so I use my parents house. I went with a cemetery theme. Here are some photos:

I have one of these guys in each bush, my sister said we should put a santa hat on them and keep them up for christmas!

Here is an overall pic with me in it during the day, don't have any good night pics, didn't have a tripod.

Here is the sign that was put up a week a head of time to inform people.

Here is our coffin that had a fogger and strobe light in it, it will have to be moved for next year because tots were kicking it and trying to open it thinking something or someone was in it.

I only had a few gravestones, but the yard is rather large so it will be very easy to expand.

Like I said, I'm new to home haunted, but I love it and can't wait to have my own place to let my inner thoughts come to life!

Feel free to let me know what you think!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I like the skeleton in the bush too! I have a bush just like it but never really used it to decorate...I'm also thinking of putting my Marcus the Carcus in it since it lights up and will be more noticable.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
A very good start indeed, and now there is no place to go but up. Halloween yard haunting is so darn addictive.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the skeleton in the bush too! I have a bush just like it but never really used it to decorate...I'm also thinking of putting my Marcus the Carcus in it since it lights up and will be more noticable.
Deadna: That's funny, my mom bought me a Marcus the Carcus which we had in front of the grave, she only bought it cause my name is Marcus, so we couldn't pass up the chance, I also found a skull out there named marcus, but have misplaced the link.

Thanks everyone for your great comments and thoughts. Though I won't be there on Halloween this yr I'll still be setting it up and my brother in law will be running it. We plan on adding a scarecrow, a reaper, a new entrance using columns, possibly a stirring witch and making the coffin open and shut. I also have an idea about a bird house that looks like an old house that has a bird skeleton perched on it to put in the graveyard. Love all the ideas and tips I'm finding in the forum!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
They make a Vinnie the vampire too that lights up like Marcus but he doesn't have feet. He lays in a blow up coffin...I like him a little better even tho' they are both cheesy :)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i bought a vinnie after halloween last year. there was one marcus left but i didn't get him. a lady in line with me saw vinnie and asked if there were any left, i said just a marcus. she was estatic and left line to go get him. she said they both were cool. i wasn't even sure what i was buying but for around $2.00 figured i couldn't go wrong. so now i have some idea what to do with him. i love your tree the way it looks too. thanks for the idea

1 - 19 of 19 Posts