Halloween Forum banner

Morris Costumes 2023

1386 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ghostbust99
Couldn’t find a discussion of this so thought I’d start one. Morris Costumes has a booth again at the Halloween & Party Expo with lots of new items from several companies. Videos of everything can be found on YouTube.

Distortions:
-Pumpkin Witch
-Haunted Tree
-After Midnight

Seasonal Visions:
-Servo Carnival Barker
-Servo Crone Witch
-Soul Stealer
-Mangey Rat
-Groundskeeper
-Tricycle Clown
-Various small hanging props with lighted elements (Witch, Reaper, Gargoyle, etc)

Tekky Design:
-Slashing Bat

There’s also plenty of returning items including the giant Graveyard Host and a “Rising Ghost” which is just a renamed W. Raith from Spirit Halloween that has gone wholesale.
Reactions: Zombie4*
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
Horror movies and animatronics
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have watched the videos of the new Morris stuff. Am I correct tho that you can’t order from Morris without a wholesale acct? So we have to order 3rd party?
I believe that’s how it works but plenty of retailers sell their products including Party/Halloween City, Halloween Express, and other online retailers, etc

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Couldn’t find a discussion of this so thought I’d start one. Morris Costumes has a booth again at the Halloween & Party Expo with lots of new items from several companies. Videos of everything can be found on YouTube.

Distortions:
-Pumpkin Witch
-Haunted Tree
-After Midnight

Seasonal Visions:
-Servo Carnival Barker
-Servo Crone Witch
-Soul Stealer
-Mangey Rat
-Groundskeeper
-Tricycle Clown
-Various small hanging props with lighted elements (Witch, Reaper, Gargoyle, etc)

Tekky Design:
-Slashing Bat

There’s also plenty of returning items including the giant Graveyard Host and a “Rising Ghost” which is just a renamed W. Raith from Spirit Halloween that has gone wholesale.
Is the Servo crone witch new, or from last year because Morris Costumes has a video of one from early April 2022. Is it different than this one?

I thought from other videos the only new stuff from SVI was

The Carnival Barker

Mangey Rat

The GroundsKeeper

Soul Stealer

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the Servo crone witch new, or from last year because Morris Costumes has a video of one from early April 2022. Is it different than this one?

It’s a redesigned version, the face is more decrepit looking now.
Purple Hat Art Event Witch hat

Hat Witch hat Sun hat Headgear Yoda

There’s also a new Tricycle Clown which is essentially a reskin of the doll version from Spirit Halloween a few years ago:
Entertainment Art Artist Event Performing arts

And there’s at least 7 or 8 different SVI hanging characters with lighted eyes which are new:
Art Water Machine Event Toy

· Registered
424 Posts
The new servo Crone Witch's face looks like a boiled potato. Hopefully, there's a way to get the 2022 model. I'm glad to see W.Raith return, I was unable to get him back in 2021. Will he have new audio? The SVI line up is bland this year. I feel like they're scrapping the bottom of the barrel for new concepts. I don't know why people think highly of them, they rehash the same concepts, they drove Gemmy out of the main retailers, and they've forced other companies to adapt to the pole based setup. Though, I like the witch with crystal ball that was next to the Possessed Wall Hanger. I'm surprised the Whimsical items are featured, I assume they underperformed last year?

· Registered
1,208 Posts
It’s a redesigned version, the face is more decrepit looking now.

There’s also a new Tricycle Clown which is essentially a reskin of the doll version from Spirit Halloween a few years ago:

And there’s at least 7 or 8 different SVI hanging characters with lighted eyes which are new:
Hopefully that's either potato photography, bad lighting, or a prototype, because that looks like crap compared to the other one.

Edit: Maybe just Potato photography, plus it looking a little sh_ttier. Based on the clothes color I think this is it.

· Registered
319 Posts
I think I remember watching a video of the witch last year and people commenting on a rip in the latex from the mouth movement. That’s one reason I hesitated and didn’t get her. Redesign may have addressed that.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I remember watching a video of the witch last year and people commenting on a rip in the latex from the mouth movement. That’s one reason I hesitated and didn’t get her.
That one was a prototype but they fixed it for the produced model.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Any idea when carnival barker will be available to buy? And price?
People are reporting that the wholesale price is $225. Had anyone who actually filmed it bothered to pan down to the bottom of the display that would have been shown. Since that's a wholesale price all you can really say is that it will be priced higher for retail. My guess is $300-$325 retail for most retailers. If Spirit Halloween carries it they will probably charge something like $399 plus whack you with an oversized shipping fee to boot.

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
People are reporting that the wholesale price is $225. Had anyone who actually filmed it bothered to pan down to the bottom of the display that would have been shown. Since that's a wholesale price all you can really say is that it will be priced higher for retail. My guess is $300-$325 retail for most retailers. If Spirit Halloween carries it they will probably charge something like $399 plus whack you with an oversized shipping fee to boot.
Reportedly Spirit has stopped carrying items from Morris due to how expensive they are, which is probably the reason why the Towering Reaper never went live for sale on the Spirit site last year despite other places selling it. They still work directly with Seasonal Visions however.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Thank you!! I figured $400-$500. I will be watching for him to be available!

· Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One more animatronic was revealed at their Transworld booth, a giant pumpkin scarecrow with servo animation. Not sure what the official name or price is yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts