Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This looks cool! Does modular mean that you are going to add more drawers next year?This sure is to good to be only used once.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,477 Posts
Damn Doug! Yur killin me here! Can't add more to what's been said but this is an amazing build! This is the kind of stuff that makes me (and i'm sure many others) wish we all lived closer to each other so we could see other great haunts in person. Love this!!

·
Undertaker
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Modular" means that its made to break down for storage into small basic parts. I've made it to expand and be able to change the basic look. I agree with you, its more than a one time deployment. This year the drawers are 'fixed" but next year, to keep the TOT's unwary, two of the drawers will open, perhaps with a working slab for an actor.

·
Undertaker
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's so many odd little things I did I couldn't begin to explain how I did it. I improvised the whole dang enchilda. Most of the materials I purchased from Home Depot, Amazon, Fright Props,when hinges creak or I had from my businesss.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Amazing work as always. I am also working on a morgue, but yours puts mine to shame so far. I also purchased parts from When Hinges Creak. How/where did you get the tile board (I assume that is what it is), I can't find it anywhere. Once again, freaking amazing job!

·
Grand WaZoo
841 Posts
Outstanding! This gives my rotten heart an all wormy feeling! The only thing that I can think would that would make your prop better is to have a one drawers open with a nice rotten corpse partly slid out. Have you considered doing something like that by chance? Again, excellent you have all the reasons to be proud of this prop and I hope you post more photos.

·
Undertaker
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Spookzilla that is the plan...but not this year. I want to set it up static this year. Everyone that approaches it this year will be expecting just that but nothing will happen. NEXT year, I will have (2) drawers open with a tray that will roll out for the perfect BOOM. The hinges that are on it now are copies of real freezer hinges. The real McCoys are $120.00 each; its a costly up grade but worth it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts