Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome!! Hair Face Eyebrow Head Nose

This was my second "annual" house party and I've got 3-4 ideas on improving it for next year.

#1 Have a photographer assigned. (it's rough to host and try to take photos) Here are some Pics. I'll start with some of the décor. Room Furniture Antique Interior design Table
Room Meal Table Dining room Furniture
Furniture Antique Metal

We played 2 games. Wink Murderer was first. I was absolutely flabberghasted at how dramatic these "newbies" to the game were. AND I was frustrated that I couldn't act fast enough to capture the events. Here are two poor souls. Meal Cuisine Room Food Buffet
and Fun

(No one caught the Wink Killer, but there's always next year). A trophy was given to the best acted out death. "Stung by 100's of Bees".
Next we switched to Werewolf. This we did out on the patio with a rimstove firepit. It was so pleasant that we really didn't need it. We had 20 players. Barrel Drum Drinkware

In addition to these activities, I'd asked all to bring finger food and trophies were be awarded for Best Savory and Best Sweet.

Two things to change next year (actually #2 and #3) Have a specific table for those wanting their foods juried and figure out a better way of getting all the ballots completed.

Lastly there were 3 trophies for costumes and although no one was drunk, big head shake on their choices. But hey, their choices not mine.

The trophies (untouched) came from DT and were sprayed and "enhanced" by me.

Can't wait til next year.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was fantastic time. Just wish there were more photos. Needed someone specific designated for the task. Disappointed in this thread photos being sideways. They weren't in the file I took them from. Looks wonkie. OH well.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
How fun! You've got some cool accessories & it looks like your guests had a great time. We do a lot of decorating & have an open-house on Halloween for friends & family, and one thing I do is to write down a "Lessons Learned" page with the year on it after each party, and put it into the OPEN FIRST Halloween bin - that way it reminds me early in the season what I wanted to improve on. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How fun! You've got some cool accessories & it looks like your guests had a great time. We do a lot of decorating & have an open-house on Halloween for friends & family, and one thing I do is to write down a "Lessons Learned" page with the year on it after each party, and put it into the OPEN FIRST Halloween bin - that way it reminds me early in the season what I wanted to improve on. Thanks for sharing!
Absolutely, Yesterday, before my sons left for their homes, I had been mulling over what could be improved upon. 1)The voting sucked, poor participation. 2)I need a separate table set up with the foods that are competing, not have it mixed in with the foods I provide. etc, etc. I've listed them in a "journal Halloween 2016 /top) so I can attack those issues first. I need to separate the ballots for costumes from the food ballot. As I type more stuff bubbles up.

Bottom line, everyone was ecstatic that they had a great time and gave me props for the décor. Gave me a lot of confidence to do it again.

Thanks for your comments.

MM

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's right, can't beat $1. Those larger skulls were only $1 plus gold spray. DT did also have the smaller ones but they were sorta crappy so I went to Michaels and found the same only better condition. I had a 50% off coupon so it was a WIN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts