Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it comes to TOTs, which do you prefer? Many or few?

I'm not talking about visitors through an ongoing haunt- just about the kids that show up on Halloween Trick or Treat. Do you love having big big numbers at your front door... always hoping for more? Or do you prefer just handing out candy to the neighborhood children?

Me? I get around 75 TOTs and that's about right. I can afford to give nice treats (this year, flashing LED glasses and LED slingshot flyers) and I never feel besieged. I actually wouldn't mind fewer TOTs since I could then afford even better treats.

What about you?

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
I'd like more. This will be our 5th Halloween in the house and we have had about 60 ToTs at the most and less than 20 at the lowest. I'd like to get about 200 if I could, but it's largely a matter of changing demographics and competition with the megachurch in town. The megachurch started advertising a 'fall festival':rolleyes: this year and are offering a costume contest, games, candy stations--sound like Halloween to me:p. A lot of the kids on our street are older now and are getting past ToTing but there are a couple of new families with babies and toddlers so in a couple of years I may get higher numbers again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would like more! We get up to 150, lowest was about 100. I love halloween, I don't really care what I spend on chocolate, so budget isn't an issue. I would like to see more kids. The neighbourhood is about 20 years old, a lot of the kids we know have just graduated uni or are in uni. Not too many young families in our part of the neighbourhood as the houses are way out of reach for most young families. So only the street behind us has the young families, so hence the low numbers.

I will be posting notices in other close neighbourhoods this year to try to get a few more kiddies!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have about 30 and that's a good number for me because I can make really good treat bags. Anymore and it would be one piece per tot. So I like it mid sized. I don't know how I'd handle 500.

·
Registered
606 Posts
More, please. We maybe got 30 last year, the first year my husband stayed home to pass out candy. The two previous years we put a bowl out that was completely emptied by the time our friends came by at 8. And we have a camera like two feet away in the bay window. I know we didn't have that many ToT'ers.

There is a small gleam of hope! TWO adjacent houses at the small side street crossing ours have decorated!!! YAY!!! My husband bought candy last night, and I think he was being hopeful. I'm thinking I'll be bringing most of it to work on November 1st, but we can still dream!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
i would like more, but dont think i would want 500. 150 is a good number. dont think its entirely unreasonable for this area either if the kids from the surrounding towns dont mind traveling to TOT in my tiny little town just to see my house.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
More. I hate standing out there for 15 minutes or more without anyone coming up to the house.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Less. Just moved and word id the neighbors had 1 TOT last year. We had 600 by 6 PM. 1/4th in costume or even tried. Ran out of candy and had to close house. Pumpkins got smashed. Bought full size bars for the 1 or 2 we get this year. Will be a nice break.

F

·
0 Posts
We pushed over 700 last year and about 500 the year before. It gets crazy and you worry about running out of treats. This year with the country move I will be surprised if we hit 100 so I actually am somewhat looking forward to less numbers. Less numbers give me a chance to talk to kids take photos in our photo area and really enjoy the night instead of being a candy factory processing as fast as possible

·
Registered
72 Posts
More please! We used to get about 20ish, although the last few years since I have music and lots of decorations, we get about 40-45 on a good Halloween.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We'll probably get between 1500-2000 TOT'ers... We live in THE target neighborhood in town. Decorating is a blast... Love the friendly competition between neighbors for best scenes. It's a madhouse for 3 straight hours... Then shuts off like a faucet. I freakin' love Halloween... LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts