Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I haven't been on here much in awhile. Pregnant and dealing with a lot of rib pain ugh. Was in hospital last week to check for clots and preeclampsia. Tests were good. Anyway, we went driving around our neighborhood last night and I was excited to see a few houses had out lights and decorations!!! Last year only very few besides us did anything. I think the house down the street is competing with us this year. They like more gore than me and have a creepy freddy cruger outside with some limbs and two other figures and cat eyes in the window. Very cool. Last year they only had one figure so they really stepped it up. Saw a lot of vintage light up molds around too. Exciting!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sorry you haven't been well, but glad to hear your tests have come back good. Hopefully you'll start to feel better. Before I started decorating outside there was hardly anyone that would decorate. Since I've been doing my outside thing I notice a few more people every year and think it's awesome. I'll get people stopping by while I'm setting up and say they've put some stuff out but "it's not as good as yours" and I always tell them that whatever they do is great and how wonderful it is that they do something.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
Glad to see your on the mend, its always tough to do anything when your in pain. We have new neighbors a few houses down around the block and they decorated, which is so great because no one else decorates even remotely on my block except for one house and its the little plastic thingys in the tree. Its better than nothing. :) We used to have a few people who decorated but havent seen anyone else but the 2 houses so far. But watch for christmas and the whole neighborhood lights up. :/

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Yeah its exciting for me to see more houses catching the Halloween spirit!!! Hopefully more will follow as it gets closer :)))

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
Yup, the Halloween spirit tends to spread like that. Sometimes it only takes one house to start something. I've noticed it where I lived in the past. This year I haven't really seen anything. I just moved here last year just before Halloween, but I think Sandy took its toll. I'm hoping this year's display will start the trend of decorating in my neighborhood for next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts