Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a thread that slightly covers this theme already, however I am needing a bit more inspiration for room decor and food.

The ideas given in the previous thread for room decor were the normal things you would think of for 7 Deadly Sins. (Fake money for greed, lingerie strewn about for lust, Excessive food for gluttony etc)

This is what I have so far for Decor and embarrasingly enough, it's not much! I feel like I have "creative Halloween Decorator's Block" this year!! Maybe I'm not so happy with my choice of theme or something, but it's too late to turn back now....so I could desperately use your brilliant ideas. :D

Lust: I am setting up a stripper pole and cage in my dining room. Red lights, silky Black curtains, strip club music. I don't want it to feel like you just stepped into a normal strip club however. I need an edgy, haunting, scary appeal. Maybe even grotesque! What can I do here? Ideas for wall coverings would be fabulous! (We just moved into our home and have not painted as of yet. All of our walls are white and not very Halloween Decor friendly. In past years we have thrown up Black Garbage bags or plastic tablecloths. Anyone have any different ideas?)

Sloth: Will be incorporated in the same room as Lust. Big plush cushions and chairs, lots of pillows, will be set up facing the stripper pole/cage. Rotting corpse or skelly will be planted in one chair w/ feet propped up and cobwebs strewn across his face. Remote control in hand with a TV placed directly across from him playing horror movies (without sound) all night. This room badly needs something for scare/startle apeal.

Wrath: Bathroom (All set for ideas here)

Pride: Also incorporated in the bathroom. Other than blue lights and a trick mirror, I got nothin. :( I suppose a few needles and a "Home Botox Injection" kit could be planted. I'm looking for something more revolting though. Anyone got anything? What could I plant inside the medicine cabinet to "Pop Out!" when a guest opens it? Any other lighting ideas?

Greed: Living Room. Bloody money will be hung from the ceiling. Tables will be set up for poker or other gambling type games. A "mobster" will be hanging from a noose, chair kicked over. An "AIG" CEO/business man or politician of some sort will be shot in the chest & slumped over on the love seat, fistful of dollars in hand, suitcase of money on coffee table, pictures of his yaucht & multimillion dollar house bloodied with his finger prints nearby. I need ideas for wall coverings, again the walls are completely white.

Envy: Also portrayed in the Living Room. I'm lost with this one besides having green snakes "Slithering" around.

Gluttony: Kitchen. All set for ideas here on decorations. I could use some really good ideas on a menu however. I would like to try and incorporate the 7 sins somehow.

Overall, I am not quite happy at all with what we have in place so far. It doesn't top last years decorations and I'm feeling a bit pressured by all of our guests to make this party even more eerie and scary than last years. When I step into each room, I don't get the feeling of Halloween (with the exception of a few dead bodies! lol)

Please help, I will be ever so grateful for any suggestions!! Time is sooooo ticking away! Thanks in advance for your brilliant ideas!!:D

~Rya

·
Registered
24 Posts
For envy, it could be cool to find some creepy pictures where the model is looking straight at you, put them in photoshop pull out the regular color maybe put it in Sepia tone first then "color" it green. Have them blown up and hung all around room (get it, green with envy? tee hee..)

https://www.photospin.com/content/photos/thumb/49_2524804.jpg

I found that one that with some creativity would be massively creepy me thinks.

For food, chocolate covered strawberries are the food for lust, or some variation of chocolate covered something. Michaels has red chocolate for making candy, you can melt that and splatter on whatever you make.

Oh! and I just had an idea for pride... but it may be a little insensitive... take pics like this:

http://www.soldierstudies.org/images/civwar_young_soldier.jpg

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/gettysburg/dead-civil-war-soldiers.jpg

"blood" splatter them and get an image of a tattered flag. or some dirty stars... I hope that's not too over the edge.

2,442 Posts
Maybe this will help The Seven Deadly Sins Explained: How Do They Affect Your Life? - Associated Content

The fifth of the seven deadly sins known as Wrath can be seen anywhere and everywhere in the violence that fills the streets and our news broadcasts around the world. Anger against yourself, your friends or even strangers can bring about unfortunate consequences as we all know.

So what that site says maybe pictures of serial killers, news cuttings about deaths, violence ? or a crime scene, chalked outline of victim blood splatters something to show an act of rage.

2,442 Posts
For the lust room you could pin up some sheer black fabric just to take the whiteness out of the walls or red even to make it like a bordello, something vampire maybe like vampire strippers.
Maybe some S&M (whips) I take it it's a grown up party so maybe some lowly played audio of moans ..lol not the ghost kind the other ...think dusk til dawn and the salma hayek strip

2,442 Posts
Pride could be an article placed infront of a mirror about cosmetic surgery, razor blade and blood bits of gunky stuff to look like flesh like a DIY face jobs gone on. along with anti age cream, make up, lipstick with tops off streaked on the counter or maybe written in lipstick on the mirror I am beautiful.

2,442 Posts
As wrath is in the bathroom you could do a suicide as thats supposed to be rejecting the gift of god (life) and make it messy as if it was done in anger maybe with dear john love rejection letter

2,442 Posts
Envy could be some fake halloween prop feet with some Stilettos on an a hacksaw with fake blood spatters ...maybe a sign saying something about how she bought the shoes you wanted so you followed her home and took them..kinda mad nutty female killer ..just an idea

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Halloween_sucks_in_the_uk: You are without a doubt my hero for the day (and possibly the rest of the month as well!) :D Fabulous ideas!! Razor blades and bloody clumps, DIY reconstructive surgery for pride...brilliant!

Hacked off Stilleto's...ROFL! Why didn't I think of that?!? Brilliant x2!! Thanks a bajillion for such creative ideas. Normally I "Pride" myself on being creative, but boy did you just give my creative juices a much needed kick in the pants. *Muah*

Ladybrower: Great article and Ideas as well! I'm excited now....and have much to do!!

Can't wait to get it all done and take pictures now!! :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, one more question...Bloody masses or facial tissue. Best to use an oatmeal concoction or would something else be better? Thanks!

2,442 Posts
oatmeal sounds good

Yeah oatmeal sounds nice and gloopy..lol I'm glad I helped. Your party sounds like it's going to be awesome. Great idea for the theme :D

Take some pics! and post them ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ryadread, I don't know if someone mentioned this to you yet or not but yesterday I saw in SuperTarget that there's a wine called "7 deadly sins".

Halloween_sucks_in_the_uk, great idea for envy about the stilletos being taken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts