Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dollar Tree has round pool noodles - about 6ft long - with a center hole that would take a PVC pipe - ideal to use to pad out arms and legs of armatures

Also they have those grow novelties that you immerse in water and they expand, I picked up an heart and a brain - ideal for specimen jars

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,184 Posts
careful with the grow novelties, leave them immersed too long and they deteriorate.

as for the noodles, using them to pad armatures is a good idea! and if they are thick enough you might be able to carve them a bit to look more realistic!

good stuff Herman!

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
I saw the pool noodles yesterday when I was there and was going to post it, then I forgot. Glad you remembered Herman. I also found some small garden plaques I thought might look cute on tombstones. And the little 8" electric candle lamps.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dollar Tree has round pool noodles - about 6ft long - with a center hole that would take a PVC pipe - ideal to use to pad out arms and legs of armatures

Also they have those grow novelties that you immerse in water and they expand, I picked up an heart and a brain - ideal for specimen jars
Sweet! I picked up a snake and some sea creatures last year...didn't see a brain or heart so I'll have to go check now! Thanks!

-EEric

·
Registered
210 Posts
i had a few of those last H and forgot them in bathtub on the big night i had so much going on n needed them for mad scientist lab darn but they looked pretty cool the just grew oversize when to long in water they never would ve fit in my jars anyways :)

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
i got the brain and a hand and a heart last year. they grew way too big for the very large jars i had they looked cool though for the most part. i put some of the florescent marker insides in a few of the jars...

i found some great brushed metallic buttons with skull and crossbones on them too. i bought every pack they had.

to

these are those weird balls they sell where you squeeze it and goo pops out of the eyes...they floated too much and the orange marker made the water super opaque. the yellow marker worked best..

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
That brain looks soooooo gross. I really like it. My $ Tree didn't have anything growable except some doll type toys. Nothing gross or even slightly bizarreable. Like my new words? That means able to make it bazarre. And that should not be confused with those over the shoulder boulder holders.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went yesterday and found some pool noodles. I wasn't able to find the "growers" though. I'm going to use the pool noodles for filling out the body of a body in a coffin. Last year I used some plastic tubing I had around the house and it wasn't thick enough.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Hmm what are pool noddles go for other than beating your roomate with?
Beating your children, pets, neighbors pets, mailman...i mean...we use them for arms and legs mostly, on props that have , uhh, arms and legs. PVC fits nicely in the hole down the middle, or you can run heavy gage wire thru the middle.

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
Haunted Ship, I didn't think the poster meant the pool noodles expanded in water, just the toys he was referring to somewhere else in the post.

Last fall I saw the expanding toys at our local Dollar Tree. I'll have to give them another thought. I was thinking that if they have something like an octopus or squid you could cut it up and have parts in the specimen jars if the original item grew too large. Maybe same for body parts. I'll have to give it another look see when I'm back in the store and see what kinds of items they have.

Good idea about the pool noodles. I wonder if you could supplement it with Great Stuff to add more shape for arms, etc. Not sure if the two would stick together or not.

·
Undaunted Haunter
1,627 Posts
Haunted Ship, I didn't think the poster meant the pool noodles expanded in water, just the toys he was referring to somewhere else in the post.

Last fall I saw the expanding toys at our local Dollar Tree. I'll have to give them another thought. I was thinking that if they have something like an octopus or squid you could cut it up and have parts in the specimen jars if the original item grew too large. Maybe same for body parts. I'll have to give it another look see when I'm back in the store and see what kinds of items they have.

Good idea about the pool noodles. I wonder if you could supplement it with Great Stuff to add more shape for arms, etc. Not sure if the two would stick together or not.
Great stuff sticks to EVERYTHING, especially if you don't want it to. I think that sounds like a great idea. I might try it too.

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
Went to Dollar Tree today prompted by this thread and saw the pool noodles. I'm not sure they will accommodate PVC. I could barely fit my index finger into it up to the knuckle. How wide is PVC? Has anyone tried this yet? I didn't buy any until I could check it out.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts