Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this is the prop section but Monster Mud is most commonly used for props so I thought it was more appropriate. I need a costume
that replicates the look and texture of concrete. How flexible is monster mud? Would it simply crack if a person were moving inside it?

·
Registered
873 Posts
I think I would look at drylock over some kind of flat structure if I needed fake chunks of concrete.
If you give more details of what you want to accomplish you will probably get better answers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am working on an SCP-173 costume.The actual proportions aren't the issue and neither is the head. I just need a material that can look like concrete that won't break or crack when the actor moves. I had thought Monster Mud might work or perhaps carpet adhesive soaked cloth. Of course a full size latex body suit would work, but for now I would like to be inexpensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
A rubber like waterproofing paint tinted gray and mixed with some sand ? Paint this over the joint areas that have to flex, and use a less flexible paint base over the rest ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
BobbyA
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing