Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wrapping up most of my big projects for this year and will start posting pix of what I have so far. First one is a skull fountain.

I've been wanting to play with Monster Mud since I first read about it last year. My idea was to disassemble my current skull fountain and build a MM shroud around it. So far, so good.

I started out with a couple of Styrofoam skulls from Walmart (dyed pink from last year's blood fountain, I didn't seal them...duh...) and a cheap plastic bowl. Not being the artistic type, I just threw up a wire frame and encased it all in mesh. I made a T out of the pump hose, and cut holes in the arms of the T so that the red-dyed water would drip slowly on the skull faces. Six or seven coats of Monster Mud, a dusting of white spray paint (to lighten it, it came out pretty dark) and about seven coats of grout sealer later, it looks pretty spiffy, albeit a bit rough and lopsided. The drip mech works great, when I run it with red water on the bit night I'll post a vid.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not artisic my...man thats awesome. I like that it's not uniform in shape. I think it makes it look more primative. I have a couple of ideas on fountains that I want to do and never thought of monster mud to help with the shape. Great work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is cool. Rite aid has about 30 or more skulls left. If they go on sale I will buy some. Thank you for a new project for next year. Never worked with Monster Mud before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts