Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! First post for me here. I made my first tombstone yesterday and was wondering if anyone has tried using monster mud on them as opposed to dry lok and paint. I ask because we made 5 gallons of monster mud, so I have a lot left over and would like to put it to good use. So, any thoughts on if it will work or not? Thanks in advance.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,115 Posts
I think it will work just fine MississippiGal, and if your not sure if you'll like the effect, experiment by applying it to a piece of scrap styro and check out the result when dried. You can even cut some sample lettering into the scrap to see how it would look for real.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Lots of folks were using monster mud for their "stone work" before Dry-lok became the current rage, and many still use it.

Go for it, just make sure you seal it well after it dries. That's one reason Dry-lok is popular- coats well, looks like rock and needs no sealant against moisture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spats, we had to buy sealant to seal the mm on our graveyard columns anyway, so no reason not to go for it, I reckon! Thanks for all the awesome input, folks. Love the forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts